News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What's your favorite all time movie

Started by LennG, March 13, 2021, 11:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIANTS1

LennG

Great choice.

If no one minds, I have a great story about the Ten Commandments.

When VCRs first came out, they were huge machines and only copied things for 1 or 2 hours. Since I was a HUGE movie fan and used to stay up regularly to watch the Late Show, the Late, Late Show etc. the VCR would be a boom to my TV watching. No more staying up till 3 and 4 in the morning to watch those old movies, I could now copy them and watch them at my convenience. So I was ready to run out and spend $1000 on one but my darling wife said to wait a year to see what happens. Well, the following year they were still huge and still cost about $1000 but they made it possible to extend the copy time to 2 and 4 hours. I was first on line to buy one, got it home, bought a few videotapes, and set out to copy something, which brings me to my point. The first thing I EVER copied was the Ten Commandments. It was perfect, about 4 hours long, and fit perfectly on a VCR tape. Now my collection started. You know, to this day, I still have that VCR copy of the Ten Commandments, and I have NEVER watched it. It is always on every year and we watch it then, and the tape still sits, like a lonely child, unused and now unwanted.
I will always treasure the Ten Commandments for that reason.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on March 24, 2021, 02:38:10 PM
The first thing I EVER copied was the Ten Commandments.
Lenn: It was the 2nd thing I ever copied.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jimv

I have the blu-ray version. (After having copied on VHS then DVD.)  Think I'll watch it tonight.

Bob In PA

Quote from: jimv on March 24, 2021, 03:32:24 PM
I have the blu-ray version. (After having copied on VHS then DVD.)  Think I'll watch it tonight.
jim: We certainly are getting close to the time when it will likely be on network TV, which always reminds me to get my Blu-Ray out.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jimv

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 24, 2021, 03:41:16 PM
jim: We certainly are getting close to the time when it will likely be on network TV, which always reminds me to get my Blu-Ray out.  Bob

"So it shall be written, so it shall be done."

Passover is this Saturday; Palm Sunday is this Sunday followed by Holy Week & Easter.  I'll also have to watch "Ben Hur."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 24, 2021, 06:38:40 PM

"So it shall be written, so it shall be done."

Passover is this Saturday; Palm Sunday is this Sunday followed by Holy Week & Easter.  I'll also have to watch "Ben Hur."

Passover starts at Sundown on Saturday nite, but the first day is Sunday and goes for 8 days.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GIANTS1

To Ozzie What ya hear what ya say. Love that movie. One of my all time favorite quotes is when Rocky throws his gun at the cops and one of them picks it up and says its empty. "So is your thick skull copper"