News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- MLB has moved All Star Game out of Atlanta

Started by Painter, April 02, 2021, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: tomeee on April 19, 2021, 01:02:14 PM
Are political discussions now allowed?

Are they only allowed for when the mod's go back and forth endlessly?

Take it to PM after 17 pages most people with half a brain know your positions.

tom: Great to hear from u.  Yes... repetitive and boring. Most political discussion are.  Rich is practicing for an upcoming audition with MSNBC next week.  I'm refereeing a prize fight with just one boxer.  =))
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 19, 2021, 01:16:35 PM
tom: Great to hear from u.  Yes... repetitive and boring. Most political discussion are.  Rich is practicing for an upcoming audition with MSNBC next week.  I'm refereeing a prize fight with just one boxer.  =))

Bob,

I don't think pointing out your posting of right-wing propaganda qualifies me for "MSNBC".  I don't think the left has the monopoly and facts and scientific reason. 

As for Tom, it's nice to see you back, but I am puzzled by your post.  I mean according to your post history, Tomee you haven't been here to talk Giants football since May of 2020.   So I am not sure why you would care what goes on on this sub-forum or our website in general as you are not a regular contributor/member.    Now admittedly you sort of stormed off when you posted a "joke" about how masks that come from China are slathered with the "Chinese virus"  Since I called out what I felt were the racist undertones of those comments you objected.   I would be curious to your take on all the Asian hate crimes we are seeing in our nation.  Do you think jokes like yours contributed to Asians being verbally and physically assaulted simply for being Asian?   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

tomeee

Just pointing out the repetitive and boring posts are becoming the main stream here and the reason I don't contribute more.

As I stated which obviously went over your head that I was curious about why political discussions are now allowed. I and I'm sure many members have had posts deleted because they were deemed not appropriate. i am fine with that but again I question if the censorship is biased?

As for the Chinese virus I am not racist and firmly believe ALL LIVES MATTER. IF you don't want racism don't segregate a group based on nationality or color. And yes my post was a joke.

What about the white kid killed by a cop last week? Should we form protests? Should we burn down burger kings? Do we all buy white live matters shirts and caps?

MightyGiants

I heard a wonderful analogy that explains the fundamental issue with the whole "all lives" matter commentary

QuoteImagine that you're sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don't get any. So you say "I should get my fair share." And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, "everyone should get their fair share." Now, that's a wonderful sentiment -- indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad's smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn't solve the problem that you still haven't gotten any!

The problem is that the statement "I should get my fair share" had an implicit "too" at the end: "I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else." But your dad's response treated your statement as though you meant "only I should get my fair share", which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that "everyone should get their fair share," while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: tomeee on April 19, 2021, 02:21:58 PM
As I stated which obviously went over your head that I was curious about why political discussions are now allowed. I and I'm sure many members have had posts deleted because they were deemed not appropriate. i am fine with that but again I question if the censorship is biased?
Tom:  My memory of the past is not "world class" but I'll try to explain. Importantly (you may not know) posts on the Main Board are seen by a much wider audience than posts here & on all other boards (sub-boards).

Only members can see "back here" (even some members can't if they have the wrong equipment) so we might allow posts of great interest or importance to stand here and only erase stuff that gets VERY over-the-top.

As for posts on the Main Board, we (hopefully) are quick to erase it or move it back here.  This particular thread started on the Main Board and I moved it back here once major interest in it had faded.

The "rule" (if it's possible to state a rule) is... don't add political remarks to football posts on the Main Board, and if we allow a political issue to stay on the Main Board for a while, be EXTRA careful about what you write.

If someone erased something you wrote they considered it over-the-top.  If you have more questions or don't understand, let me know.

Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 19, 2021, 02:35:02 PM
I heard a wonderful analogy that explains the fundamental issue with the whole "all lives" matter commentary
Rich: Interesting, but it is IMO only a "distant relative" to the subject of this thread. I'll reply (and continue boring everyone else with our back-and-forth LOL) if you move it to a new thread, at your discretion.  Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 19, 2021, 02:41:44 PM
Rich: Interesting, but it is IMO only a "distant relative" to the subject of this thread. I'll reply (and continue boring everyone else with our back-and-forth LOL) if you move it to a new thread, at your discretion.  Bob

Bob,

I like "boring", when things get interesting or exciting, people storm off in a huff.  Give me boring every day of the week ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE