News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- MLB has moved All Star Game out of Atlanta

Started by Painter, April 02, 2021, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdS

We need to present ID in Virginia and elections are fair.   We are a
blue state so the system works.

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: EdS on April 04, 2021, 09:17:41 PM
We need to present ID in Virginia and elections are fair.   We are a
blue state so the system works.

Exactly right.  It should be everywhere.  It shouldn

Slugsy-Narrows

GiantsRevival2

I see we have 2 moderators watching.  I hope u don

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: Sem on April 03, 2021, 02:48:22 PM
FL GMAN, to clarify, what I feel is shameful are those that think it's ok to limit any number of legal and eligible American voters from doing their civic duty, in order to prevent the infinitesimally small number of fraudulent votes from being cast.

What would you consider infinitely small?  Out of 160+million votes, what

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 04, 2021, 11:03:25 PM
GR2: I am also a moderator (who couldn't be one of the moderators to whom you're referring because I just now got online - approximately 10:45 PM Sunday). 

I will answer your question, if you would be so kind as to repeat it. 

Thus far, I haven't written anything under this topic, for many reasons which I will detail later.... maybe.

Bob

Everyone wants a secure election.  But why would anyone not agree with voter ID being required in every state?  What would be the motivating factor for not wanting it?  Common sense is that we should make sure whoever is voting is indeed who they say they are.  Give me one good reason why voter ID is a bad idea?

Bob In PA

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 04, 2021, 11:20:02 PM
Everyone wants a secure election.  But why would anyone not agree with voter ID being required in every state?  What would be the motivating factor for not wanting it?  Common sense is that we should make sure whoever is voting is indeed who they say they are.  Give me one good reason why voter ID is a bad idea?

GR2: That is the question to which I thought you were referring.  I "butted in" because I wrote a private message to Rich (Mighty) a day or two ago, which is reproduced below:

Rich: The thread about the All-Star game is a perfect example of what I was talking about. The issue is free and fair elections.  The answer is simple.
Yet politicians are happy to have the people distracted, fighting among themselves (while the politicians live on our tax dollars, steal money, and wield power to benefit themselves personally).
In this digital age, is it REALLY so difficult to design a system of one man, one vote?  I think not.

As I hope you will agree, that is the answer to your question.  I'm trying to say as little as possible, but will add one more thing. It concerns a post by H-Town about three pages back, part of which is reproduced below:

For those still spouting the voter fraud argument, you need to understand that it was never a real position and the attorneys who were touting it in multiple states have had to retract their statements in an effort to protect themselves. Sidney Powell, Trump's attorney, had to declare in briefing - and I quote - "reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process." (And please understand that statements in pleadings carry great weight not only in that particular case but across the board because attorneys can be held to those statements regardless of where they were made since they have a duty not just to their client but to the law and the courts themselves.) The "statements" referenced therein are the allegations of widespread (indeed even non-widespread, just marginally identifiable) voter fraud. And those claims which "awaited testing" were thrown out because the testing revealed the claims were wholly un-meritorious. Long story short: there was no there there.

To break it down even further: in this election cycle, there has not been a cognizable legal argument that voter fraud affected this election that has survived the most basic of scrutiny. If you believe the contrary, you're engaging in a conspiracy theory. You're just wrong. Republican and democratic judges alike have rejected these spurious cases.

I have omitted the small, but clearly opinionated portion of the post, but want to say that the above paragraphs, while exhibiting a bit of editorial flair, are substantially true and correct. I believe this because it is likely that I read many of the same pleadings and documents as H-Town read in making his determination.

I will add only that (as of today) there are still many ongoing (and yet to be "finalized") cases and legislative and other governmental investigations in various jurisdictions. They raise a variety of big and small election-related issues. For political reasons, it is likely some will be dragged out so that their "findings" or outcomes will occur as near as possible to the next batch of elections (to be used as "weapons" by cynical politicians.  Further, keeping election issues alive is also useful for distracting attention from REAL issues.... one of them is the ongoing humanitarian crisis at the southern border.  There are and will be many others.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

GiantsRevival2

Wow.  That couldn't have been better stated.  Interestingly we won't know if there truly was fraud that could have changed the election until actual and factual investigations are done.  There wasn't enough time to investigate and there certainly won't be a fair investigation under the new administration.  Which is exactly why no one can truthfully state whether it happened or not.  I believe fraud happened and it effected the outcome.  But I can not state it as a fact.  It's my opinion.  It's the same for anyone stating the contrary.

PSUBeirut

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 05, 2021, 12:01:57 AM
Wow.  That couldn't have been better stated.  Interestingly we won't know if there truly was fraud that could have changed the election until actual and factual investigations are done.  There wasn't enough time to investigate and there certainly won't be a fair investigation under the new administration.  Which is exactly why no one can truthfully state whether it happened or not.  I believe fraud happened and it effected the outcome.  But I can not state it as a fact.  It's my opinion.  It's the same for anyone stating the contrary.
It is actually not that interesting. There was not any massive voter fraud. The prewidential election was not stolen. These are facts whether you wish to accept them or not. 

Anyone stating anything other than this is an unwitting puppet. Truly sorry if this includes you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Painter

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 04, 2021, 11:20:02 PM

We already have voter ID, or have you never voted? This issue is not about that at all. Although it long has been concluded that that voter fraud is sufficiently rare that it simply could not and does not happen at the rate even approaching that which would be required to alter the outcome of an election, this was one of, if not the most reviewed, scrutinized, and analyzed election in history conducted by State, Federal (DOJ) and private (Brennan Center) entities. In all cases, it was concluded that there was no evidence of voter fraud.

Indeed, Trump's Attorney General William Barr declared last December 1st that the U.S. Justice Department has uncovered no evidence of voter fraud that could change the outcome of the 2020 election. He made quite clear to Trump and his sycophants, and the otherwise delusional Trumpists that Biden was properly elected to succeed him. So after being told that the last election wasn't rigged, the GOP have decided to do what they can to make sure the next one is as much as possible. Failing that, they will just have to do a better job in turning out the racists, xenophobes, religious bigots and their delusional miscellany than apparently they didn't quite manage in the last election.

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: PSUBeirut on April 05, 2021, 12:06:47 AM
It is actually not that interesting. There was not any massive voter fraud. The prewidential election was not stolen. These are facts whether you wish to accept them or not. 

Anyone stating anything other than this is an unwitting puppet. Truly sorry if this includes you.

Sure...you know this how?  What evidence have you reviewed?  Oh the evidence released by main stream media?  The same media that spewed Trump hatred for almost 5 years.  Unbiased, fair and balanced you say.  Meanwhile votes where being counted for weeks, after hours, after certain people were sent home.  Nothing to see here.  Just because they don

PSUBeirut

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 05, 2021, 12:30:56 AM
Sure...you know this how?  What evidence have you reviewed?  Oh the evidence released by main stream media?  The same media that spewed Trump hatred for almost 5 years.  Unbiased, fair and balanced you say.  Meanwhile votes where being counted for weeks, after hours, after certain people were sent home.  Nothing to see here.  Just because they don

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: Painter on April 05, 2021, 12:13:28 AM
We already have voter ID, or have you never voted? This issue is not about that at all. Although it long has been concluded that that voter fraud is sufficiently rare that it simply could not and does not happen at the rate even approaching that which would be required to alter the outcome of an election, this was one of, if not the most reviewed, scrutinized, and analyzed election in history conducted by State, Federal (DOJ) and private (Brennan Center) entities. In all cases, it was concluded that there was no evidence of voter fraud.

Indeed, Trump's Attorney General William Barr declared last December 1st that the U.S. Justice Department has uncovered no evidence of voter fraud that could change the outcome of the 2020 election. He made quite clear to Trump and his sycophants, and the otherwise delusional Trumpists that Biden was properly elected to succeed him. So after being told that the last election wasn't rigged, the GOP have decided to do what they can to make sure the next one is as much as possible. Failing that, they will just have to do a better job in turning out the racists, xenophobes, religious bigots and their delusional miscellany than apparently they didn't quite manage in the last election.

If we already have voter id. Why is everyone up in arms about Georgia doing it?  We do not have voter ID everywhere.  Some places have it some don

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: PSUBeirut on April 05, 2021, 12:46:08 AM
Again. Truly sorry. I have a few relatives in the same boat and it breaks my heart. Have a great Easter weekend.

I feel sorry for this country and it