News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- MLB has moved All Star Game out of Atlanta

Started by Painter, April 02, 2021, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdS

Well I think this is a bit heated.. how about getting ACL to the Giants???

EdS

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 05, 2021, 12:54:56 AM

If we already have voter id. Why is everyone up in arms about Georgia doing it?  We do not have voter ID everywhere.  Some places have it some don

DaveBrown74

Any chance the PGA cancels the Masters? Or at least moves it to a different state?

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 05, 2021, 08:02:50 AM
Any chance the PGA cancels the Masters? Or at least moves it to a different state?
Last I heard the PGA is staying in Ga and has no intentions on moving!

Good for them!!!

There is a reason America

uconnjack8

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 02, 2021, 04:32:11 PM
What's the over/under on the length of time before this thread is shut down?

I had under 24 hours, so I lost my bet on this, but I think it's time for the Mods to kill this thread.

GiantsRevival2

Let

MightyGiants

They should, a strong message needs to be sent to the people who seek to rob Americans of their right to vote.  This isn't a Republican VS Democratic thing or a liberal VS conservative issue, this an issue of right VS wrong.   Anyone seeking to make it harder to vote (to prevent voting) or making it less pleasant to vote (by criminalizing handing someone on line a bottle of water) or changes the law so that politicians can overturn the will of the voters (perhaps the most heinous part of Georgia's anti-voter bill) is wrong.   Right and wrong still matter.  In fact, it matters now more than ever.  Facts also matter and we should not dismiss the news or the media, the long-time watchdogs of our freedoms because some self-serving politician with a long history of lying and fraud tells us to. 

We must stand up for what is right and support American values of fairness and democracy.  We can't allow the anti-voter forces to turn our nation into a dictatorship (they attempted 2 coups already, one in Congress and one on January 6th) to win.    We need to stand firm that it is the RIGHT of every American to vote, have their vote COUNTED, and have EQUAL access to the polls.    People who are playing games with our voting for their political gains are a true threat to our freedoms, rights, and liberties.

If not, the next time some twice impeached/twice lost (lost the popular vote twice) president in power starts making phone calls to local politicians to try and overthrow an election, our institutions of democracy may not hold.   We must protect the values like freedom, democracy, and equality or we may lose them.   As the legandary President Reagan once said:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 08:29:00 AM

If not, the next time some twice impeached/twice lost (lost the popular vote twice) president in power starts making phone calls to local politicians to try and overthrow an election, our institutions of democracy may not hold.   We must protect the values like freedom, democracy, and equality or we may lose them.   As the well loved President Reagan once said:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

You do realize the popular vote doesn

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 08:29:00 AM
They should, a strong message needs to be sent to the people who seek to rob Americans of their right to vote.  This isn't a Republican VS Democratic thing or a liberal VS conservative issue, this an issue of right VS wrong.   Anyone seeking to make it harder to vote (to prevent voting) or making it less pleasant to vote (by criminalizing handing someone on line a bottle of water) or changes the law so that politicians can overturn the will of the voters (perhaps the most heinous part of Georgia's anti-voter bill) is wrong.   Right and wrong still matter.  In fact, it matters now more than ever.  Facts also matter and we should not dismiss the news or the media, the long-time watchdogs of our freedoms because some self-serving politician with a long history of lying and fraud tells us to. 

We must stand up for what is right and support American values of fairness and democracy.  We can't allow the anti-voter forces to turn our nation into a dictatorship (they attempted 2 coups already, one in Congress and one on January 6th) to win.    We need to stand firm that it is the RIGHT of every American to vote, have their vote COUNTED, and have EQUAL access to the polls.    People who are playing games with our voting for their political gains are a true threat to our freedoms, rights, and liberties.

If not, the next time some twice impeached/twice lost (lost the popular vote twice) president in power starts making phone calls to local politicians to try and overthrow an election, our institutions of democracy may not hold.   We must protect the values like freedom, democracy, and equality or we may lose them.   As the legandary President Reagan once said:

You didn

PSUBeirut

I see a lot of bemoaning about keeping politics out of sports by people on a sports forum talking about a whole lot of politics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

There is something amusingly ironic about the fact that many people seem to want politics directly injected into sports, but god forbid anyone discusses politics in an internet chat room of all places. That of course is strictly off limits.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 08:55:25 AM
Not one person supporting these anti-voter laws (with all their efforts to whitewash them) has explained WHY the white Georgia Republicans created them in the first place.  The Republican Secretary of State said the will of the Georgian people was done in the last election and that it was a good election.   So the motive to make in criminal to hand out a bottle of water, or eliminate Sunday voting (by making it optional) or limit access to drop boxes (by making them accessible only during voting hours) or allowing Georgia legislator to overturn the democratic votes of Georgian Americans in favor of their party's candidate.   When someone can tell me why that doesn't involve having to believe the self-serving lies of a proven liar and fraud, I am willing to listen.  Until then, I see these anti-voter laws for what they are and the threat they pose to our nation.
And not one against them can prove they are

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: PSUBeirut on April 05, 2021, 08:53:38 AM
I see a lot of bemoaning about keeping politics out of sports by people on a sports forum talking about a whole lot of politics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There is a difference in fans debating a topic on a forum and a whole league and it