News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- MLB has moved All Star Game out of Atlanta

Started by Painter, April 02, 2021, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 09:53:43 AM
Please explain this in detail and documentation would be nice
Rich

I have asked multiple times for you to show proof of your claim of this policy being anti-voter.  You have not been able to, refused to or have ignored my statement.

Yet now you are looking for me to explain and document? 

I have examples in my previous posts that are VERY EASY to understand and look up and are factual.  Yet you have yet to provide one fact of this anti-voter agenda you are stating as fact.

I find that interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 05, 2021, 10:37:36 AM
Republicans do not use cancel culture like the Dems.

Republicans like Trump and Bobert and many others were successfully sued after they canceled followers on Twitter

Republicans wanted to cancel the NFL and the NBA (along with players) because some of the players engaged in gestures that supported racial equality

Republicans want to cancel MLB (calling for boycotts) for their actions in reference to the MLB movement of the all-star game

Republicans have also past laws that prevent the CDC from studying gun violence

There were Trump supporter calls to boycott Budweiser for their pro-immigration ads run during the Super Bowls

Remember when Republicans tried to cancel Nike and made shows of it burning their shirts and sneakers?

So forgive me if I don't for a minute believe a claim that "Republicans don't use cancel culture"

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on April 05, 2021, 10:41:56 AM
Rich

I have asked multiple times for you to show proof of your claim of this policy being anti-voter.  You have not been able to, refused to or have ignored my statement.

Yet now you are looking for me to explain and document? 

I have examples in my previous posts that are VERY EASY to understand and look up and are factual.  Yet you have yet to provide one fact of this anti-voter agenda you are stating as fact.

I find that interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you admitting that you can in no way, shape, or form can justify all these new laws?   When the people who lost the last election make a bunch of changes in the election laws to make it harder for targeted people to vote, it's incumbent on them (and their supporters) to justify the CHANGES, not on me.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 10:47:13 AM
Republicans like Trump and Bobert and many others were successfully sued after they canceled followers on Twitter

Republicans wanted to cancel the NFL and the NBA (along with players) because some of the players engaged in gestures that supported racial equality

Republicans want to cancel MLB (calling for boycotts) for their actions in reference to the MLB movement of the all-star game

Republicans have also past laws that prevent the CDC from studying gun violence

There were Trump supporter calls to boycott Budweiser for their pro-immigration ads run during the Super Bowls

Remember when Republicans tried to cancel Nike and made shows of it burning their shirts and sneakers?

So forgive me if I don't for a minute believe a claim that "Republicans don't use cancel culture"

So are you admitting that you can in no way, shape, or form can justify all these new laws?   When the people who lost the last election make a bunch of changes in the election laws to make it harder for targeted people to vote, it's incumbent on them (and their supporters) to justify the CHANGES, not on me.
No I

babywhales

Quote from: GiantsRevival2 on April 05, 2021, 10:37:36 AM
Republicans do not use cancel culture like the Dems. Sure they use it too. But it
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

GiantsRevival2

Quote from: babywhales on April 05, 2021, 11:00:30 AM

Let's make one thing abundantly clear, this is private board. Your acceptance and existence here is based on our approval. 

If you can not develop a point and deliver it in a way that is conducive to well being of the board the odds are you will get edited, if it continues you will get suspended, if it continues you will get banned. You do not have to agree with me or anyone else on a topic, but you do have to develop your point, select your content and delivery said point in an appropriate manner. If you want to behave like a politically driven partisan hack, spewing biased unsubstantiated drivel go somewhere else with it. 

Like it or hate it I do not care what you think about it.

When a moderator or administrator tells you something it is best to listen.  My comments come from experience moderating the old Backporch and just under 2 decades of cleaning up threads that people have tainted.

As a side note, what I do or do not do related to Slugs or anyone else is none of your business.  I have agreed and disagreed with him on a variety of topics for years and done so appropriately without partisan rhetoric.

You sure like to threaten.  I made my points that no one was able to refute.  Still never got a good answer to my question.  I think it

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Again, we can discuss this and get heated, but the line has to be when there are personal attacks. I feel a thread should not be shut down if one individual can't follow the basic principle of not attacking his fellow poster personally for his opinion. Just block that person and we can move on.

As for the topic at hand, there is still is no honest answer as to why any of these laws are now being introduced. We know that there was no fraud in the last election. That has been proved ad nauseum. So why now? And why in these particular states? Answer please?

Messiah717

Probably a good idea to just not have threads like this here.   It's just going to be the same Conservative vs Liberal fights you see everywhere else these days.  Too many people have their lives literally revolving around politics these days.  Find something else to fulfill yourself.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 11:27:53 AM
Paul,

Don't you think that a law that affects our sacred right to vote should have been a partisan effort and not ran through on a GOP only party line?  Especially after that same GOP lost the Presidential and Senate elections/
Rich

I would love all our policies to be done as such.  Sadly much like the unaffordable care act, in today

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: katkavage on April 05, 2021, 11:35:11 AM
Again, we can discuss this and get heated, but the line has to be when there are personal attacks. I feel a thread should not be shut down if one individual can't follow the basic principle of not attacking his fellow poster personally for his opinion. Just block that person and we can move on.

As for the topic at hand, there is still is no honest answer as to why any of these laws are now being introduced. We know that there was no fraud in the last election. That has been proved ad nauseum. So why now? And why in these particular states? Answer please?
Kat

I agree if people can have a convo threads shouldn

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 05, 2021, 11:59:54 AM
Microsoft does a good job explaining why they oppose the Georgia Republican's laws for limiting voting rights

https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2021/03/31/why-we-are-concerned-about-georgias-new-election-law/
Rich

Thanks for sharing

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bldevil

Here's a contrarian view to think about.  We're on page 6 of this topic and it's relatively civil.  It has not descended into a shouting match.  I doubt that the amount of back-and-forth here would have been possible in most places I visit.  So congratulations to the many posters here who have stated arguments and stayed on topic.

Proves that Giants fans are just 100% superior to all other fans.
"17-14 fellas.  One touchdown and we are world champions.  Believe it and it will happen!  17-14 is the final.  Let's go!"  Michael Strahan, with 2:39 remaining in SB42.

expatriot

I personally think that the whole ID position by the "woke"  left and Dems is completely disingenuous and really insidously racist.  Like black people cant figure out how to get ID????  Really???? How extremely insulting.  You need ID for booze and cigarettes, ID to rent a hotel or car, ID at the bank, ID at the doctors office, ID to pick up tix at a will call window, ID to get a plane or train ticket, ID to get a freakin' COVID shot, etc, etc. But you don't need ID to vote...that is just plain Bull Crap and added to that, the misrepresentation of the law by the President and by the main stream media is a disgrace.