News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The CDC and teachers' unions

Started by Bob In PA, May 03, 2021, 09:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

FL GMAN

Washington D.C. announced they were ending some restrictions and 24 hours later reversed themselves after pressure from the teachers union. One particular rule that caught my eye was no dancing at weddings, you can't make this up. Ron Desantis just announced the end of all restrictions in Fl. effective July 1. I am very thankful I live in Fl. With the crap this guy took from Liberals he could have easily folded but he held fast and it ends up he was right.

MightyGiants

You know, I am less than impressed by teacher's unions that are trying to use Covid as an excuse to stay home.

Still, if you guys want to talk about the people you in a million years would want in your Covid foxholes the talk starts and ends with conservatives, Trumpians, and Republicans.   These are the people who have literally killed countless people by

Refusing to wear masks, which helped Covid spread

Refusing to social distance, which helped Covid spread

The spread misinformation that lied about Covid not being deadly and tried to make it seem less serious by push fake quack cures, which helped the disease spread

Disputed established science and medicine, instead substituting their own unqualified opinions and beliefs as actual fact, which misinformed the public, helping Covid spread

Now that we finally have vaccines to finally take the fight to Covid, that same group is siding with Covid.  Polls show roughly 40% of Republicans are refusing to vaccinate.  That will make it impossible to achieve the 80% vaccination rate needed to achieve the herd immunity to defeat the disease and to stop giving it chances to mutate and defeat the vaccine.

Sadly it's not hyperbole to say when Republicans, Conservatives, and Trumpians were asked to pick sides, they sided with Covid over America and the American people

Now before you say, "well I got vaccinate" or "well I wore a mask", I am talking these groups as a whole.  It's no coincidence that nations that have their own versions of Donald Trump, like Modi in India or Bolsonaro in Brazil are nations that matched the US for the worst handling of the outbreak.  Plus this post is made a a thread intended to demonize Americans in unions and liberal Americans, so I am simply following where those other 3 three fingers are pointing
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

Mighty the truth is that no one really knew and it is becoming more obvious every day. MIT just completed a study and one of the findings was that masks and social distancing are ineffective. The virus can spread up to 60 ft. and masks won't help.  The numbers say Fl. is in much better shape than N.Y., N.J. and Illinois, 3 heavy lockdown states. Desantis was crucified and called a murderer but if you listen to Desantis he clearly has studied Covid and has a much better understanding than the lockdown people. The nursing home decision in N.Y is the worst decision made in this crisis and Cuomo is still hiding numbers. My biggest beef with the lockdown is the small guys are closing left and right while Amazon and the other Giants make billions. Now we hear herd immunity may never be reached because not everyone is vaccinated but that doesn't factor in people who have already had the virus. It's this type of deception that keeps people frozen in fear while all the while touting follow the science. We don't need another stimulus, we need to open up. The point here is not to criticize because what's done is done but it is time to open. The half ass proposals, dancing at weddings, school 2 days a week and wearing masks outside do nothing other than make us fearful. I realize many will disagree but I  truly feel we need move forward. Just my 2 cents

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on May 04, 2021, 09:58:03 AM
Mighty the truth is that no one really knew and it is becoming more obvious every day. MIT just completed a study and one of the findings was that masks and social distancing are ineffective. The virus can spread up to 60 ft. and masks won't help.  The numbers say Fl. is in much better shape than N.Y., N.J. and Illinois, 3 heavy lockdown states. Desantis was crucified and called a murderer but if you listen to Desantis he clearly has studied Covid and has a much better understanding than the lockdown people. The nursing home decision in N.Y is the worst decision made in this crisis and Cuomo is still hiding numbers. My biggest beef with the lockdown is the small guys are closing left and right while Amazon and the other Giants make billions. Now we hear herd immunity may never be reached because not everyone is vaccinated but that doesn't factor in people who have already had the virus. It's this type of deception that keeps people frozen in fear while all the while touting follow the science. We don't need another stimulus, we need to open up. The point here is not to criticize because what's done is done but it is time to open. The half ass proposals, dancing at weddings, school 2 days a week and wearing masks outside do nothing other than make us fearful. I realize many will disagree but I  truly feel we need move forward. Just my 2 cents

FL GMan,

I could literally dispute every one of these right-wing talking points because they are all either outright incorrect or very misleading.   Of course, it would take a lot of my time and effort and I know from past experience that when faced with conflicting information between me and far-right propaganda sources you will pick the far-right propaganda sources.

So I am just going to shake my head and walk away and hope the right, Trumpians, and Republicans don't end up killing me or someone I care about.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 04, 2021, 10:02:41 AM
So I am just going to shake my head and walk away and hope the right, Trumpians, and Republicans don't end up killing me or someone I care about.
.... or the left, Cuomo, and the Democrats.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 04, 2021, 10:28:14 AM
.... or the left, Cuomo, and the Democrats.

They follow and respect science and have the number one agenda of protecting and saving lives, they are not the problem
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

Mighty you say they follow the science but Florida's numbers are markedly better. How can this be if restrictions are working. Follow the numbers. BTW I have never seen so many NY and NJ plates in Florida as this year and they don't appear to be leaving. It seems like many residents agree with me.

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on May 04, 2021, 11:33:17 AM
Mighty you say they follow the science but Florida's numbers are markedly better. How can this be if restrictions are working. Follow the numbers. BTW I have never seen so many NY and NJ plates in Florida as this year and they don't appear to be leaving. It seems like many residents agree with me.

You remind me of something interesting.  For the last 2 or 3 years I have been bombarded by the right-wing propaganda LIE that NJ is a liberal cesspool and people are leaving in droves.  Only the new census numbers came out and not only did NJ's population not drop, it actually increased by half a million people.   I am of the very strong and firm opinion that the lies from the right are doing terrible damage to our nation.

As to your question, there are many variables with Covid.  NJ got hit first with Covid and that made a world of difference.  NJ handled it when we knew very little about the disease, had no PPE (nurses wearing garbage bags), and no sanitizer.   By the time it made it to Florida things were so much better.   Another thing is NJ has by far the most people per square million.  With a disease that is spread via airborne particles, space is king.   Finally, Florida has much better weather which allows using the great protection of the outdoors for nearly the entire year while NJ has to move indoors from mid-November to mid-April.

As for recent issues, NJ got hit hard by the more contagious UK variant (and other varients as well)

The right-propaganda machine doesn't talk about all the factual points I raised because it doesn't aid them with furthering their self-serving agenda
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

Rich think about it in football terms. We can blame this, that or the other but bottom line you are what you're record says you are. The nursing home decision in both states was the worst of the crisis, hands down. Desantis segregated Covid from the old. Second if he had listened to the liberal media he would have reverted to what your states are doing and had worse results but would have taken less grief because he would be in lockstep with the shutdown group. It took courage to go against the tide something Cuomo who blames everyone for everything knows nothing about. Lastly I hope you are right about NY and NJ people because we like it here just as it is. You always use the phrase right wing propoganda machine but that's a bicycle compared to the Liberal media Mack truck that runs over anyone that gets in their way.

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on May 04, 2021, 12:59:06 PM
Rich think about it in football terms. We can blame this, that or the other but bottom line you are what you're record says you are. The nursing home decision in both states was the worst of the crisis, hands down. Desantis segregated Covid from the old. Second if he had listened to the liberal media he would have reverted to what your states are doing and had worse results but would have taken less grief because he would be in lockstep with the shutdown group. It took courage to go against the tide something Cuomo who blames everyone for everything knows nothing about. Lastly I hope you are right about NY and NJ people because we like it here just as it is. You always use the phrase right wing propoganda machine but that's a bicycle compared to the Liberal media Mack truck that runs over anyone that gets in their way.

To use your football analogy your state comparisons would be the same as if you said HOF GM Bill Polian was a worse GM than the Lions GM Matt Millen because in 2011 Peyton Manning misses the season due to a serious neck injury and the team goes 2-14
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

OK that's a good comparison, cmon man that's weak. On a different note I heard a sports guy criticizing the Giants for not taking Kwtty Paye, when the caller pointed out they got a better guy in Rd. 2 the sports guy had nothing to say other than he didn't like the pick.

MightyGiants

I will also point out that you and Bob love starting threads here on the front porch attacking various groups of Americans.  They can be liberals, members of BLM, schools that teach about racism and equality, union members, teachers, and so on.

You don't see me or people who consider themselves liberals coming on this forum and doing the same.  I think there are two reasons for this.  One is while the right loves to say they are the patriotic ones, but I have a hard time seeing how you can "love America" when it's more than apparent that there are large percentages of Americans you dislike.

Secondly, it only supports my assertion that the right-wing propaganda machine manipulates people via anger, hatred, outrage, and fear.

Since I (and many others)don't consume right-wing propaganda, we don't feel a compulsion to come to this forum to attack our fellow Americans.   I mean I will defend the targets of attacks and I will certainly call out the terrible destructive ways of the right-wing propaganda machines, but absent attacks I take a far better (at least I think so) live and let live approach. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 04, 2021, 01:31:58 PM
I will also point out that you and Bob love starting threads here on the front porch attacking various groups of Americans.  They can be liberals, members of BLM, schools that teach about racism and equality, union members, teachers, and so on.
Rich: This original post has no words in it.  It is not an attack. The fact that you see it as an attack says nothing about me.  Bob

FL GMAN

Rich I didn't intend to attack anyone. My point was about the use of the term " follow the science" when much of the science and data don't support the actions of the people speaking those words. BTW I have seen much worse on this board with regards to comments about the other side and no one called it an attack.