News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Grade The Biden Administration So Far

Started by Ed Vette, May 09, 2021, 09:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

You can post a more accurate score

A
B
C
D
F

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 10, 2021, 03:39:54 PM
Rich: I kept forgetting but for weeks I've been meaning to ask about on the science behind opening southern borders even wider, then caging the people in close quarters, then dispersing them throughout the U.S. Bob

Well, the first question a man of science would have is to ask you to explain what specific actions President Biden has taken that "opened the borders".  Facts matter in science.  So what were the policies before?  How were they changed?  What were the results?   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 10, 2021, 03:48:20 PM
Well, the first question a man of science would have is to ask you to explain what specific actions President Biden has taken that "opened the borders".  Facts matter in science.  So what were the policies before?  How were they changed?  What were the results?
Rich: Oh, he signed executive orders repealing several of Trump's EO's and had the effect of allowing more people in. 

Also, he established certain "curbs" on the activities of ICE and the Border Patrol. 

If you didn't know these facts, maybe you'll want to revise the grade you gave him in Ed's poll.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 10, 2021, 03:53:37 PM
Rich: Oh, he signed executive orders repealing several of Trump's EO's and had the effect of allowing more people in. 

Also, he established certain "curbs" on the activities of ICE and the Border Patrol. 

If you didn't know these facts, maybe you'll want to revise the grade you gave him in Ed's poll.

Bob

Bob,

You asked me a question.  Since you qualified that you are asking me as a "man of science" is it that unreasonable to ask what specific policy changes you wish to discuss?   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

(null)
That is my opinion of MSM.  And there are many many other news sources besides the Main stream media.
Not reporting on the Hunter Biden laptop last September for example...not reporting on many Trump policies and deeds that helped many Americans ...And again why is the media not demanding the right to cover the border crisis at the border. They are not allowed to even go and talk with border patrol etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 10, 2021, 03:58:48 PM
Bob,

You asked me a question.  Since you qualified that you are asking me as a "man of science" is it that unreasonable to ask what specific policy changes you wish to discuss?   
Rich: Not at all.  So I answered (and made no mention of "reasonableness" of your question in my reply).  Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on May 10, 2021, 04:00:29 PM
(null)
That is my opinion of MSM.  And there are many many other news sources besides the Main stream media.
Not reporting on the Hunter Biden laptop last September for example...not reporting on many Trump policies and deeds that helped many Americans ...And again why is the media not demanding the right to cover the border crisis at the border. They are not allowed to even go and talk with border patrol etc.

So am I incorrect in saying you "learned" about the MSM being the "enemy of the truth" from these alternative news sources?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Plus many MSM Tv and newspaper reported that the Capital police officer was killed by rioters on Jan 6 . Not true. But it was reported as a murder just the same.
The only person that was killed that day was an unarmed White woman when she was shot in close range by a capitol police officer.
It was just reported last week or do that Sicknick died of a stroke and was never struck by anything.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 10, 2021, 04:04:57 PM
So am I incorrect in saying you "learned" about the MSM being the "enemy of the truth" from these alternative news sources?

Rich: Actually it was in the New York Times (which, as EVERYONE agrees, is the bastion of political "truth" - like when they covered up the Holocaust during WWII). 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/02/us/politics/biden-immigration-executive-orders-trump.html

If that's not a good enough source, I can get you a few more from Newsmax and One America Network.

Bob

PS.  A book every American should read... https://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/15/books/review/buried-by-the-times-horror-story.html

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 10, 2021, 03:45:22 PM
You got "strong" because you felt the need to take personal shots. 
Rich: I accept your explanation.  It was a [likely unnecessary] preemptive "strike" based upon past performance.  Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on May 10, 2021, 04:09:24 PM
Plus many MSM Tv and newspaper reported that the Capital police officer was killed by rioters on Jan 6 . Not true. But it was reported as a murder just the same.
The only person that was killed that day was an unarmed White woman when she was shot in close range by a capitol police officer.
It was just reported last week or do that Sicknick died of a stroke and was never struck by anything.

Woody,

are you aware that your alternative news sources the ones that convinced you that the mainstream media is "the enemy of the truth" has won lawsuits by claiming "no intelligent person would take what we say as fact"  (a case against Tucker Carlson)

Those same news sources misinformed millions of Americans about Covid resulting in 10s of thousands of needless deaths.  Remember when they were reporting that Covid was no big deal, it was just like the flu?

Do you remember those same sources pushing the proven LIE that Donald Trump won the last election????   Hell they even had to print retractions because Dominion voting lawsuits

Have you ever wondered if perhaps the sources that have convinced you that the mainstream media is the "enemy of the truth" are actually the ones who the real enemies of the truth????

As for the attack on our capital by anti-American Trump supporters, I am betting your alternative" news" "forgot" to report this:

The Capitol assault resulted in one of the worst days of injuries for law enforcement in the United States since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. About 140 officers
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 10, 2021, 04:15:40 PM
Rich: Actually it was in the New York Times (which, as EVERYONE agrees, is the bastion of political "truth" - like when they covered up the Holocaust during WWII). 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/02/us/politics/biden-immigration-executive-orders-trump.html

If that's not a good enough source, I can get you a few more from Newsmax and One America Network.

Bob

PS.  A book every American should read... https://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/15/books/review/buried-by-the-times-horror-story.html

Bob,

The article you provided didn't go into detail about policy changes.  Instead, it briefly mentioned rescinding 3 executive orders and the rest of the article was devoted to spin from both sides.

Is it really that big of ask to actually have a fact-based policy discussion instead of you tossing out right-wing talking points and then expecting me to dispute them?  There was a time when your type of "discussion" would be frowned upon.   If you want to fault a policy change, describe the change in a least some detail and explain what you think what happened as a result of those changes.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

(null)

Woody

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 10, 2021, 03:25:13 PM
Woody,

I am curious, if the mainstream media is "hiding all these stories" how did you learn about them? 

Also, I am curious to think with the US being one of the world leaders in Covid cases, why you believe that immigrants from countries with lower Covid rates are "spreading Covid all over the country"?

Finally this statement raised a couple of questions

How did you learn that the media was the "enemy of the truth"?

Why is the media "the enemy of the truth"?  and how did you learn this?

Finally, what is this "narrative" you speak of?  Where did you learn about this "narrative"?

Edit to add:  Woody, I tried to verify your poll claims, this is the best I could find

https://www.journalism.org/2021/04/28/at-100-day-mark-coverage-of-biden-has-been-slightly-more-negative-than-positive-varied-greatly-by-outlet-type/

Biden/ Harris hasn't had to deal with even a fraction of the non-stop media sniping Trump had to deal with. It allows Biden to appoint Harris a person who agrees with the abolishment of ICE and hasn't done a presser in 40+ days and why it seemingly doesn't matter there is no coherent plan to plug the border holes Biden created. They have no such problem throwing billions around to their friends and special interest groups.
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE