News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

"The Rifle"

Started by jimv, June 15, 2021, 10:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Here's a GREAT new book, made for history buffs especially those interested in military history (that's you Lenny & Rich).  It's stories from some of the still living WW II vets.  They're all from guys in their 90s & over.  Each has a story of the "small" part he played in the Big War.  My wife just finished it & I started reading it today.  It's available through Amazon & my wife & I recommend it highly.

LennG

I hate to say it, but I can't remember the last book I've read a real book. Maybe I should start again.

Thanks
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on June 16, 2021, 10:50:41 AM
I hate to say it, but I can't remember the last book I've read a real book. Maybe I should start again.

Thanks

I read non-fiction on football and financing.  When I was younger I would read books on military history but I hadn't done that in quite some time
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 17, 2021, 08:16:42 AM
I read non-fiction on football and financing.  When I was younger I would read books on military history but I hadn't done that in quite some time

Well, this is a good book to start over with.