News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Movie endings you didn’t like.

Started by squibber, July 24, 2021, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibber

I watched Come And Find Me starring Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad. Aaron played a regular guy that falls madly in love with someone.  They are living a happy life until she completely disappears. He is crushed and begins searching for her. He eventually finds out she has a double life. She is an operative for the US government. I was really enjoying this suspense movie until the ending. There really was no ending. It left what happened to them to your imagination. Grrr

LennG

Quote from: squibber on July 24, 2021, 09:26:52 AM
I watched Come And Find Me starring Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad. Aaron played a regular guy that falls madly in love with someone.  They are living a happy life until she completely disappears. He is crushed and begins searching for her. He eventually finds out she has a double life. She is an operative for the US government. I was really enjoying this suspense movie until the ending. There really was no ending. It left what happened to them to your imagination. Grrr

Squib

I can make a list, maybe 10 pages long of movies that had endings I could literally 'scream' about, they made me so mad and frustrated.

Just a few

No Country For Old Men--I simply HATED this ending
The Village--Just a stupid, stupid ending
Maybe one of the worst movie ending EVER--Million Dollar Baby, which went on forever when it should have ended 45 minutes earlier
And then this one, which actually won an Oscar for best pix, The Shape if Water, I still couldn't believe I watched this, how it ended, and yet people actually liked it, Well there were 3 who did
Let's throw Titanic in there. Sure wh know how it will end, but gosh, will Jack never die, and Kate Winslet running all around the ship in that icy water in her nightgown, trying to find jack--simply and utterly stupid.
Easy Rider--I guess it had to be, but really a terrible ending

I could go on, but for now....................

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

squibber

Lenn, I agree with you on No Country For Old Men. Javier should have been killed.

The only other movie I saw from your list is Easy Rider but I barely remember anything about it.

MightyGiants

I hated everything about "No Country for Old Men".  I mean shoot his ass.  He's not a supervillain or a mutant.  Although I guess the problem is I am not a true movie buff.  I have since learned that movie and many hidden messages and meanings and it's not really about the surface story.

I really couldn't think of a movie ending I didn't like.   TV series on the other hand, I really hated the ending of LOST and felt like they robbed me of many hours of my life
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GIANTS1

y_so_blu

Se7en. The wheels fell off in the third act.

LennG

You really want a good one----Saving Pvt Ryan.
I know it was war and people die, and I know Spielberg wanted a not-so-happy ending, but I just hated the way this movie ended.

Take another 'oldie' I think it was Sands Of Iwo Jima with John Wayne doing his thing about winning WWII. There are some actors you just accept being killed off--Bogart, Cagney, etc, and some you can never kill off Stewart, Grant, etc. John Wayne was one of those that it was unheard of to kill him off to end a movie, but in this movie, that's exactly what happened. BOO to killing John Wayne.

And I'll give you another Tom Hanks movie.   Road to Perdition.
Not a really well-known movie, but I LOVED this movie. If you have never seen it, I would heartily recommend it, but I simply hated the movie's ending. I almost threw something at the TV.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

And I know there is someone out there who was rooting for King Kong and hated the way that movie ended. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Same for Jaws. Who was rooting for the shark to eat everyone?   =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on July 28, 2021, 01:54:17 PM
You really want a good one----Saving Pvt Ryan.
I know it was war and people die, and I know Spielberg wanted a not-so-happy ending, but I just hated the way this movie ended.

Take another 'oldie' I think it was Sands Of Iwo Jima with John Wayne doing his thing about winning WWII. There are some actors you just accept being killed off--Bogart, Cagney, etc, and some you can never kill off Stewart, Grant, etc. John Wayne was one of those that it was unheard of to kill him off to end a movie, but in this movie, that's exactly what happened. BOO to killing John Wayne.

And I'll give you another Tom Hanks movie.   Road to Perdition.
Not a really well-known movie, but I LOVED this movie. If you have never seen it, I would heartily recommend it, but I simply hated the movie's ending. I almost threw something at the TV.

I saw nothing wrong with the edings of the above movies.  Both made sense to me.

spiderblue43

Sopranos and No Country For Old Men

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on July 28, 2021, 08:44:51 PM
Sopranos and No Country For Old Men

Interesting on the Sopranos. I actually didn't like the ending either the first time I saw it, but it grew on me after a few subsequent viewings.