News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

You learn something new every day

Started by LennG, August 22, 2021, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

OK all you trivia buffs, today I learned something that had had me puzzled for maybe 50 years.

I am a huge, huge, huge fan of the Columbo TV series. In all that time, the question has been asked, what is his first name? In the entire length of the series it has NEVER been mentioned, but he does have a first name, and today I found out what it is.

Sure if you want to know, just google it, but instead, does anyone know what his REAL first name is and it is NOT Lieutenant.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 22, 2021, 09:45:09 PM
NOT a clue!!!! :( :(

I think everyone thinks the exact same thing as you. In fact, it was NEVER mentioned on the show but seems someone got a closer look at Columbo's ID and got the first name off of it.

The same thing for his wife, first name was never mentioned, and only until she got ehr own show, it was revealed her first name was Katie (Kate)
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Since no one else seems to care, his full name is Frank Columbo.

https://acolumboblog.blogspot.com/2021/05/what-is-columbos-first-name.html

He was never meant to have a first name but seems one was needed for his ID. Whether it was just a prop man's idea for a name or whatever, it is what is scribed on his police ID.

Charlie Weiss