News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT - Nov 2, 2021 - Election Day!!! Go Vote

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, November 02, 2021, 07:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

This is an off year election!

No mid-Terms

DaveBrown74

Agreed. Very important to get out there and vote. In addition to being a fundamental right it is also a civic duty IMO.

Will be interesting to see what happens in VA.

I'm keeping an eye on NJ today but I doubt Cittarelli has even the slimmest of chances, so it's unlikely to be that interesting.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 02, 2021, 07:36:25 AM
Agreed. Very important to get out there and vote. In addition to being a fundamental right it is also a civic duty IMO.

Will be interesting to see what happens in VA.

I'm keeping an eye on NJ today but I doubt Cittarelli has even the slimmest of chances, so it's unlikely to be that interesting.
Dave

Cittarelli has moved within the Margin of Error per last round of polling.  So this isn

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on November 02, 2021, 07:39:57 AM
Dave

Cittarelli has moved within the Margin of Error per last round of polling.  So this isn

LennG

I am a registered Democrat but I never vote party line. I do listen and try and see which candidate will benefit us the most and they get my vote. These days, it seems more people vote AGAINST a candidate than for the other guy (or lady)

I really haven't followed many of the national elections but I do find it sad that some of the candidates running for some offices, well should rather have stuck to their original professions.  I look at the 2 guys running for mayor of NYC. Is this the best NYC has to offer? The grandest city in the USA and we basically have 2 guys who, to me anyway, just do not seem to fit the office.
At least that's the way I see it.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on November 02, 2021, 11:40:20 AM
I am a registered Democrat but I never vote party line. I do listen and try and see which candidate will benefit us the most and they get my vote. These days, it seems more people vote AGAINST a candidate than for the other guy (or lady)

I really haven't followed many of the national elections but I do find it sad that some of the candidates running for some offices, well should rather have stuck to their original professions.  I look at the 2 guys running for mayor of NYC. Is this the best NYC has to offer? The grandest city in the USA and we basically have 2 guys who, to me anyway, just do not seem to fit the office.
At least that's the way I see it.

Good points.

As to the NYC mayoral election, almost anyone will seem good after DeBlasio, so at least Adams is a step in the right direction. I don't think anyone ever confused Sliwa for a serious candidate/contender. I am not at this stage a big fan of Adams personally, but I am keeping an open mind and certainly think he'll be an improvement over his predecessor.

Your general point is one I very much agree with though. Too often these days I feel we are choosing between two uninspiring at best candidates. I certainly felt that way with the Presidential election in both 2016 an 2020. And while it's early, it looks like the same will be true in 2024.

Jolly Blue Giant

I voted first thing this morning when the sun was coming up. Never miss the opportunity to vote. I live in New York State so the 5 amendments were important to me. Other than that, a few town seats up for grabs and a unopposed judge seat. No difference makers, but the 1, 3, and 4 amendments are difference makers. The Dems own NYC and the larger cities, but not the rural. If the amendments pass, the rural vote just got flushed down the toilet as undocumented get to be counted for redistricting purposes...something the Dems have always wanted. They own the governorship, and 80% of the state legislature seats and Senate seats and that's not good enough I guess.
They want 100% of every seat and nary an opposing voice to anything they can dream up :boooo:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Slugsy-Narrows

(null)

We need term limits on every elected official.  No one should be in Goverment forever.

Also every county in a state should get electoral votes.  If it

DaveBrown74

Cittarelli seems to be doing much better than expected. Good call that this race was actually closer than it appeared.

Slugsy-Narrows

(null)
here is to hoping it ends this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk