News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

SPOILER ALERT!!! - DEXTER: NEW BLOOD

Started by T200, January 14, 2022, 10:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

This thread is to discuss all things Dexter, including the limited New Blood series.

BE WARNED - SPOILERS WILL BE DISCUSSED!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

I was super excited for them to make up for the crap they fed us with the previous series finale.

The first five episodes of New Blood were as expected, setting up his kill list. But it seemed a little rushed to me, even with the 10 episodes.

I wish they would have had Bautista confront Dexter. Logan getting soft and letting Dexter get close enough was lazy writing and it seemed they were rushing to finish.

I didn't like them having Harrison kill Dexter, although I can see the door being open for Harrison to start in his own series.

Overall it was very good and a much better ending.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on January 14, 2022, 10:44:20 AM
I was super excited for them to make up for the crap they fed us with the previous series finale.

The first five episodes of New Blood were as expected, setting up his kill list. But it seemed a little rushed to me, even with the 10 episodes.

I wish they would have had Bautista confront Dexter. Logan getting soft and letting Dexter get close enough was lazy writing and it seemed they were rushing to finish.

I didn't like them having Harrison kill Dexter, although I can see the door being open for Harrison to start in his own series.

Overall it was very good and a much better ending.

T,

Very solid points and critique.

As I said in a different thread, I thought it was an excellent season. Solid A- for me and probably well above average among all Dexter seasons. Good flow from episode to episode, I liked the new setting, very good villain (albeit he was no Trinity), the usual superb acting from Hall, pretty good supporting acting, very solid dialogue (especially Dexter talking to himself), and just good general tension throughout.

One criticism I had was I thought they played up the whole "small town" theme a bit much. Some of that got a bit hokey and trite. In particular, I thought it was silly that in that whole town, and I appreciate it is a small town, there were basically three cops, one of whom was the chief, one of whom was the high school wrestling coach, and the other was some guy at a desk. I found that to be not believable at all.

I agree about having a scene where Bautista confronts Dexter. That was a bad miss on their part, and I felt sure it was coming. If they were going to bring him back into this season, they should have used him more.

I was initially disappointed by the ending because 10 minutes prior I was under the impression we were going to be getting some "Dexter LA" seasons in the future, but upon reflection I thought it was done very well. I tend to believe that that's it for Dexter. I doubt the do one with the kid. He may be a decent actor, but it just wouldn't be the same. The only way they could possibly do it is if they have Dexter's ghost talking to the kid the whole time, the way he used to do with his Dad and with Deb in this season. Then I suppose it would be feasible. But my guess is that they won't. If Hall wanted to continue doing this, I doubt he would agree to be killed off.

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 14, 2022, 11:29:51 AM
T,

Very solid points and critique.

As I said in a different thread, I thought it was an excellent season. Solid A- for me and probably well above average among all Dexter seasons. Good flow from episode to episode, I liked the new setting, very good villain (albeit he was no Trinity), the usual superb acting from Hall, pretty good supporting acting, very solid dialogue (especially Dexter talking to himself), and just good general tension throughout.

One criticism I had was I thought they played up the whole "small town" theme a bit much. Some of that got a bit hokey and trite. In particular, I thought it was silly that in that whole town, and I appreciate it is a small town, there were basically three cops, one of whom was the chief, one of whom was the high school wrestling coach, and the other was some guy at a desk. I found that to be not believable at all.

I agree about having a scene where Bautista confronts Dexter. That was a bad miss on their part, and I felt sure it was coming. If they were going to bring him back into this season, they should have used him more.

I was initially disappointed by the ending because 10 minutes prior I was under the impression we were going to be getting some "Dexter LA" seasons in the future, but upon reflection I thought it was done very well. I tend to believe that that's it for Dexter. I doubt the do one with the kid. He may be a decent actor, but it just wouldn't be the same. The only way they could possibly do it is if they have Dexter's ghost talking to the kid the whole time, the way he used to do with his Dad and with Deb in this season. Then I suppose it would be feasible. But my guess is that they won't. If Hall wanted to continue doing this, I doubt he would agree to be killed off.
Good thoughts.

Harrison being guided by Dexter's ghost is exactly what I envision.