News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Weeze?

Started by the12th man, January 15, 2022, 03:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the12th man

First off....why don't you return phone calls? Update: I tested positive for Covid but since I had the two dose Pfizer + the booster (thank you VA Medical Center) I had a sore throat for a couple of days and a minor cold....I'm better. Now I have a case of vertigo (have an MRI scheduled). November was my 40th year as an SCCA member. I caught up with Ann Chamberlain. After Bill passed away she moved to NJ to care for a relative. We may meet up for a race at Lime Rock as she has never been there .Miata is in hibernation till April. I have a 2019 Mazda 3 with AW to get me thru the winter. It is the 1st car I have ever owned that has and automatic! Minor flaw; once I got used to the heated seats, Apple Car Play & Sirius radio it's hard to bring it up.

weeze

It seems like most places in the US if you watch what your doing you can go out in public, go to the drug store, whatever and you'll probably be alright. BUT NOT FLORIDA! Nope! Here we got people that think getting shots is against God or the Church or will ruin the fishing or something. Its ridiculous. I go thru the drive thru at CVS and get groceries either loaded into the car outside or have them delivered.  I tried to tell Jerry to be careful but nope, every night its off to another restaurant. Every Ohio State game and Browns games they went to Buffalo Wild Wings, no masks. Place was jammed. I wonder how many other people got covid in that place. I'm surprised his wife didn't get it. He went fast, it was like sick on Monday morning, put into a coma on Weds or Thursday and died on Friday,,,,I think that's how it went. Quite honestly I took his death pretty hard. Now please folks no politics implied here please.
I do wish to make one thing clear though, the Governor of the State of Florida is just plain nuts.
I've got 35 years in with SCCA, still a member, Ill remain a member even though I can't walk very well. Least I can do for a organization that gave me so much is how I look at it.I dint even watch racing on tv cuz F1 cars are just plain ugly and NASCAR is NASCAR, enough said there.
as for the Giants all I can say is it takes real talent to xxxx up a team as badly as they are fucked up. Personally I blame ownership but thats just me.Drafting Duke QBs doesn't tickle me either. I took the football package out 2 years ago so they gave it to me for free this past season. AND may I say what a great season it was! That week 17 games were a thing of beauty went they?
I really do think I have a kidney stone and boy does my back hurt but no blood yet. It just hurts so much sleep is gonna be a problem. If I wake up with this tomorrow maybe Ill go to the doc's because this is xxxxxxxx.

OK Curling! where they slide the big ashtrays down the ice like shuffleboard I guess. And people say Pinball is weird??
OK good to talk with everyone here and to hear Ovid hasnt decimated the Huddle. You guys take care.and remember: stay away from the FRENCH and sick people!
John
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

the12th man

Why is it that the only way anyone can contact you is by logging into this site? Emails or phone calls go unanswered.  I have lost interest posting on this site as well as the homepage. If you ever do want to get in touch you will have to call me or email me. Hope you are feeling a little better. Not sure if I am doing any trips to the Leper Colony you call florida. Thanks for the memories, it has been a long and mosr memorable ride! Take care.

Bob In PA

Quote from: the12th man on March 23, 2022, 11:30:50 AM
Why is it that the only way anyone can contact you is by logging into this site? Emails or phone calls go unanswered.  I have lost interest posting on this site as well as the homepage. If you ever do want to get in touch you will have to call me or email me. Hope you are feeling a little better. Not sure if I am doing any trips to the Leper Colony you call florida. Thanks for the memories, it has been a long and mosr memorable ride! Take care.
12th: We signed John to an "exclusive rights" contract.  LOL   =))
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

the12th man

How the hell are you? Sorry to hearabout Jerry he was a dick but a good softball player. Speaking of which, I sold the last of my softball equipment. Haven't played since I moved back here and saw no sense in keeping anything except a wood bat that rests by the bed! Sold the black Miata back in April and have a 2022 Red Miata (MX-5) sometime in late August/early September. All sorts of issues with Mazda as well as all the other makes: Covid/chip/transportation issues. Heck, my local Mazda dealer has 7 new vehicles and 109  "in transit" (whatever that means". If you were living in NY, you could get some Medica MJ for your back. Just a reminder, NY does not tax SSA or retirement....just sayin! Would love to hear from you, take care.
Ron