News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Wordle 398 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 22, 2022, 06:38:07 AMWordle 398 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You always make it look easy.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Jolly Blue Giant

Got it in 4. I would have had it in 2 if I put in my first instinct because the word that was ultimately the right word was the word I thought of for my second pick, but said to myself, "nah, they wouldn't use that word". Should have stuck to my instincts

Wordle 398 4/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

TRIAL
TREND
TRUST
TRYST
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

My first puzzle with the hardness officially set to hard

Wordle 398 5/6*

🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 22, 2022, 07:03:36 AMGot it in 4. I would have had it in 2 if I put in my first instinct because the word that was ultimately the right word was the word I thought of for my second pick, but said to myself, "nah, they wouldn't use that word". Should have stuck to my instincts

Wordle 398 4/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
LOL - too funny! I went against my gut as well, otherwise I would've had my 4th straight 3.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Wordle 398 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

An easy one for me today considering the words I use. I had 4 with 2 guesses

HOIST
READY
TRYST
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Wordle 398 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADIEU
SNORT
TRYST

Anytime I completely whiff on the first guess and still get it in three I'll take that all day.

T200

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 22, 2022, 10:37:02 AMWordle 398 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADIEU
SNORT
TRYST

Anytime I completely whiff on the first guess and still get it in three I'll take that all day.

Yeah that was definitely a great save  :ok:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on July 22, 2022, 03:03:01 PMYeah that was definitely a great save  :ok:

Thanks, although with the strategy I use (prioritizing vowel elimination), this was the sort of puzzle where I was going to benefit from that. Once I had the main five vowels eliminated and knew there had to be a Y, given I had the T and R at that point there wasn't really much else it could be.

There have been plenty of other Wordle puzzles I have encountered where consonant elimination maximization would have probably served me better.

Bill Brown

Wordle 399 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

I never heard of the word

Wordle 399 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Wordle 399 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I never heard of it either. It's an obscure BS word and if I didn't remove the obvious first letter previously, it would have taken me at least five.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Stupid word. It's a word I've used hundreds of times because when I was younger, I fly fished all the time and it's a typical word for a fly fisherman. In no other situation can I imagine the word being used in a sentence  :no:

Wordle 399 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SHIRT
WIDEN
FUDGE
MIDGE

After the second attempt, only a "G" made sense to follow a "D", but the "I" before the "D" made zero sense so I went with FUDGE to prove my thoughts that only a "G" could follow a "D" and an "E" made sense on the end. Once I had the DGE in the right order and I knew "I" was in there....now, nothing made sense. I thought about the years I spent tying midge flies and casting them on the Delaware River, but it's so obscure that I didn't believe it. I entered "MIDGE" just to eliminate the "M" as an option. Imagine my surprise when it popped up right
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Wordle 399 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Agree, stupid word.

today I thought I was having another brain freeze, and I just couldn't rearrange the letters into anything worthwhile. Once I stumbled on the M as the first letter, I was able to come up with something and it worked.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss