News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

I've missed once in 32 games. Today's had me questioning if it was going to be right. Got it in 3 though.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

I got it in five but only because this word was used, not too long ago, on the other site. Personally, I missed it then as I never heard of the darn word.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Just my opinion, but an easy one today.

Using the words I always start with, I had all the letters early and just had to rearrange them.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on February 21, 2022, 11:37:34 AM
Just my opinion, but an easy one today.

Using the words I always start with, I had all the letters early and just had to rearrange them.

I agree - today's wasn't bad. There have been a couple of trickier ones recently.

Jolly Blue Giant

I got this morning's on the last try. There was literally almost no available letters left.
After 5 tries, I only had one letter (a vowel) and that was it. I finally got it on the last try juggling words with only a few consonants and the one vowel left. Thought for sure I was going to have another "fail", but I lucked out - whew  #:-S

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 25, 2022, 08:00:33 AM
I got this morning's on the last try. There was literally almost no available letters left.
After 5 tries, I only had one letter (a vowel) and that was it. I finally got it on the last try juggling words with only a few consonants and the one vowel left. Thought for sure I was going to have another "fail", but I lucked out - whew  #:-S
I use:

Horse
Paint
Bulky

That left me one out of place letter

I guessed it just from that and what letters remained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 25, 2022, 08:00:33 AM

I found this AM's on the trickier side but got it in 5 tries. Took me a little time though. I have had a lot of 5 try outcomes recently, and my career 5th guess total is now one short of my 4 guess total. It had previously been the 4's way out in front with a few threes and one two. I do feel like they've had some trickier words in the past week or so.

I think people like Wordle because for the most part you solve it each day and it usually doesn't take more than a couple of minutes, sometimes even less than a minute if you get a bunch of letters in your first two guesses. So it makes you feel good starting your day off that way. I think they probably should have made the standard format six letter words. The game would be more interesting if striking out were a more common occurrence for people.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 25, 2022, 11:09:39 AM
I found this AM's on the trickier side but got it in 5 tries. Took me a little time though. I have had a lot of 5 try outcomes recently, and my career 5th guess total is now one short of my 4 guess total. It had previously been the 4's way out in front with a few threes and one two. I do feel like they've had some trickier words in the past week or so.

I think people like Wordle because for the most part you solve it each day and it usually doesn't take more than a couple of minutes, sometimes even less than a minute if you get a bunch of letters in your first two guesses. So it makes you feel good starting your day off that way. I think they probably should have made the standard format six letter words. The game would be more interesting if striking out were a more common occurrence for people.

On the other board where you can play as often as you like (https://hellowordl.net/ and there is a slide bar on top of the page where you can adjust it to do words that are 4 - 11 letters long. After playing it with 4 letters, then 6 and 7, I found 5 to be the sweet spot for mind exercising. But that's just me. Might be different for others

LennG

Today's word was tricky.

After using my regular 3 words I only had 2 letters and spent enough time juggling them.

Having 2 v's is pretty unusual but I did get it on the 5th line.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Tough one today in that I really never even heard of this word until I looked up its meaning. Got it by sheer chance just by process of elinination

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Quote from: LennG on March 01, 2022, 12:08:14 PM
Tough one today in that I really never even heard of this word until I looked up its meaning. Got it by sheer chance just by process of elinination

Ditto.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

T200

I've only been doing these for about a month but, and maybe it's just me, it seems that since they sold to the Times, the words haven't been as common as before. Plus, it also seems that there are more words with double letters.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: