News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Took me 5 attempts this morning and I had few letters left to work with. Was wondering what I was going to do if the word I tried wasn't it  #:-S

I no longer have a regular starting word so I go with the first word that comes across my mind. I used to use GIANT alot as well as STRIP, STACK, SHIRT, etc., to eliminate s,t,r which are the most common consonants...I think. This morning I started with DRINK when I took my first sip of coffee. I'm not sure there's any way to "beat the system" with Wordle. It's a combination of taking your time and a little luck a lot of times IMHO
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Wordle 352 5/6

?????
?🟨???
??🟨??
?🟩🟩🟩?
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Like Ric, I had a couple of out of place letters after my 3 establishing words.  Then a word just popped into my head but it was a miss but did set the table for my successful guess at 5
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Wordle 352 3/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

As I have said, I use HOIST as my first word. Probably not the best choice as most words won't start with an H, but it has worked for me so why change?

Today, with my first 3 words, I only had 2 letters, one green and one yellow. I was scared seeing my streak ending right here and now. So, I looked for my 4th word to have as many of the letters I haven't used and tried them in a word and low and behold, I had all the letters correct except the first one. It was easy to find the right first letter, so 5 for me today and I'm happy with that.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Wordle 353 4/6

?????
??🟩?🟩
?🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

Today was sort of funny.   After my 3 establishing words I had only 2 letters both out of position.  I was trying to think of another word I could use to get a few more letters and the word I came up with was the actual word

Wordle 353 4/6

?????
?🟨???
??🟨??
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Wordle 353 4/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I was like Rich, after my 3 regular words I only had 2 letters, so, as I did yesterday, I looked for a word that had some of my unused letters and because I guessed right, when I put in the first 4 letters I saw a word using the 5th letter and it was it.

Sometimes luck plays a bigger part than being smarter.

Really wasn't a hard word just not having many of the most common letters is what throws most off.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Wordle 354 4/6

??🟨?🟩
?🟨🟨?🟩
?🟨🟩??
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Even though I got it in 4 I struggled to get it.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

T200

5 for me again today. Could have been 3 if I guessed the correct last letter.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Wordle 354 3/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

I started out great. Should've had it in no more than three, but it took me four  :(

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin