News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on June 08, 2022, 08:35:31 AM
Open your browser and type in the link. Then, save the link to your desktop/home screen.
It comes up as a new account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 08, 2022, 07:45:36 AM
I started out great. Should've had it in no more than three, but it took me four  :(

Precisely what happened to me today, except I started with three yellows and then had four greens on the second guess. Still took me four in total as I whiffed in the process of elimination game. Annoying!

T200

When using the old link, after you tap the new link, does it keep your history?

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 08, 2022, 08:52:07 AM
Precisely what happened to me today, except I started with three yellows and then had four greens on the second guess. Still took me four in total as I whiffed in the process of elimination game. Annoying!

Yeah...when there are several options for the last letter, we will usually try all legitimate words except for the letter that has already been used..LOL
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Seems as if I am always the last to do this every day. Maybe it's because we don't get up till 9, eat and do my morning sudoku and crossword, read the paper, and THEN, get on here to 'exercise my brain' some more.

Anyway, I had 4 letters (2 green, 2 yellow) in my first 2 words. I was going to go for it, as Tim suggested, as I saw a word that fit right in there, but I again went weak and did my third regular word. (which had zero letters), so on 4, I went with the word I thought and it was it.
Call me weak, but I felt if I missed on 3, then I had to do my regular word on 4 and that would only leave me 2 guesses.

If you can understand all of that, 4 for me today.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I went the opposite approach to Lenny.   I feel if you get 4 letters in your first 2 guesses you're sort of obligated to make a proper guess on three

Wordle 354 3/6

??🟩🟨?
??🟨?🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on June 08, 2022, 08:53:34 AM
When using the old link, after you tap the new link, does it keep your history?
Yes but that old link may not work tomorrow

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 08, 2022, 10:58:37 AM
Yes but that old link may not work tomorrow

Bummer. I thought there was a way to edit shortcuts and links on the iPhone. Guess not.  :boooo:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on June 08, 2022, 01:45:23 PM
Bummer. I thought there was a way to edit shortcuts and links on the iPhone. Guess not.  :boooo:
I guess I
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

Wordle 355 3/6

🟨?🟨?🟨
?🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

Wordle 355 3/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Three is the number of the day so far.

Wordle 355 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

T200

Ed,

Did the old link work today? How's your streak?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk