News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Wordle 399 5/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADIEU
YIELD
RIDGE
FIDGE
MIDGE

I have never heard of a midge (or a fidge for that matter, though I took a stab at it because of "fidget"). I was guessing letters more or less at random after ridge.

Jolly Blue Giant

These dry flies are all midges and make up most of any fly fisherman's dry fly collection. Obscure for anyone except that dude (or dudette) with waders up to the arm pits standing in the middle of a river whipping a fly back and forth while fishing for trout. For those who don't know, some of the greatest rivers in the world for fly fishing are in New York. People come from all over the world to fly fish in the Beaverkill, Willowemoc Creek (a tributary of the Beaverkill), Delaware River, AuSable River, etc. It's a beautiful activity with little to no stress and some of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever see in your life

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

I also never heard of the word. I was picking a letter hoping it was right.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

If memory serves, Midge was a character (or possibly several characters) on TV shows. I know, on the
Marvelous Mrs, Maisel, Mrs. Maisel goes by the name Midge. That is the only way I truly remember this word/name
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Quote from: LennG on July 23, 2022, 07:49:57 PMIf memory serves, Midge was a character (or possibly several characters) on TV shows. I know, on the
Marvelous Mrs, Maisel, Mrs. Maisel goes by the name Midge. That is the only way I truly remember this word/name

I believe there was a girl named Midge in the Archie comics. Maybe had a boyfriend named Moose.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Bill Brown

Wordle 400 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bill

Ed Vette

Wordle 400 2/6

⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think it was the best word that worked there. Got lucky with the first word.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I see they went with an easier word after a tough week

Wordle 400 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Well...it might have been an easy word for a change, but it took me 5  :doh:

Wordle 400 5/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

:(

I'm so used to the word being obscure that even though I had P,O,R,-,- and figured the "R" must be at the end as in: P, O, -, -,R, ....and "POWER" was the absolute first word that came to mind. But being of the sort that believes the obvious is rarely the answer with this game, I went with "POLAR" only because it's just a little more vague than POWER ....duhh

Making it easy is like pulling a fast one on us...at least for me...LOL
All who have chimed in beat me today :(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Wordle 400 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pretty easy today. I played it safe and used my regular 3rd word. Glad I did as it gave me the first letter.
Not many words used that begin with P.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Wordle 400 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADIEU
NOLES
TOWER
POWER

Agree, not an overly challenging one this AM (compared to something like midge at least).

T200

DaveBrown74

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 24, 2022, 08:11:54 AMI'm so used to the word being obscure that even though I had P,O,R,-,- and figured the "R" must be at the end as in: P, O, -, -,R, ....and "POWER" was the absolute first word that came to mind. But being of the sort that believes the obvious is rarely the answer with this game, I went with "POLAR" only because it's just a little more vague than POWER ....duhh

They set you up with all the less common words. It's like getting knocked out by a jab  ::)

At least your streak is still intact.  :ok:

Bill Brown

Wordle 401 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bill