News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Wordle 415 5/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not a good performance on my part today. I even made the sloppy mistake of putting a yellow letter in the same place on the next guess, which is really an error that should never be made. I don't know for sure if that made the difference between me getting this in four or five, but I still don't love the blasé way I approached this one today.

Bill Brown

Wordle 415 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dave,

Funny that I was going to say that sometimes when I do this at 5:00am I really do some stupid xxxx. I don't know if I would have solved it earlier but I certainly couldn't have done much worse.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ps11yat14 on August 08, 2022, 05:50:11 AMWordle 415 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dave,

Funny that I was going to say that sometimes when I do this at 5:00am I really do some stupid xxxx. I don't know if I would have solved it earlier but I certainly couldn't have done much worse.

Bill

Haha Bill, agreed. Same here.

I think I need to make a rule that I don't even start looking at my morning wordle until I have downed my cup of coffee.

Ed Vette

Wordle 415 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I know someone who got it in two. Lucky second word.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

For me, today was a tough one.

Wordle 415 6/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Thought I nailed it with the third word I tried...nope

Wordle 415 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

STEAK
DRIFT
FIGHT
UNFIT

Avg: 4.182

I don't have previous data because when I did a system upgrade, it wiped out everything and I had to start from scratch. I haven't lost a game since then, but I have no idea what my old statistics were. I had a streak going that was pretty high for awhile, then a streak buster. I was up to 50 or so in a new streak before the system wiped out all history
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Wordle AVG

Games Won: 192
Games Lost: 5
Your Average: 4.005
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on August 08, 2022, 08:53:44 AMWordle AVG

Games Lost: 5
Your Average: 4.005

I'm surprised you lost five. You must be around 3.8 without that factored in. I wonder if this is in other languages when I see China having a lower average than the US and Canada. Although there is a city in Minnesota that is less than 3.6. They must have more patience and take a lot longer to solve it.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 08, 2022, 08:59:35 AMI'm surprised you lost five. You must be around 3.8 without that factored in. I wonder if this is in other languages when I see China having a lower average than the US and Canada. Although there is a city in Minnesota that is less than 3.6. They must have more patience and take a lot longer to solve it.
I removed the lost 5 and end up with:

Games Lost: 0
Your Average: 3.927

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on August 08, 2022, 09:06:09 AMI removed the lost 5 and end up with:

Games Lost: 0
Your Average: 3.927

If I take the losses out I'm

With the two losses,

We're close.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

I have:

It seems to me that I've had lots more 4, 5, and 6 then before. My longest streak is 83 and i had a few short streaks end since then.
Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Wordle 415 4/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

For me just a complete lucky guess with unused letters. No strategy involved just trying to throw some out there and see what sticks. Pleasant surprise when they all turned up green.

HOIST
READY
PLUCK
UNFIT
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: ps11yat14 on August 08, 2022, 09:45:52 AMI have:

It seems to me that I've had lots more 4, 5, and 6 then before. My longest streak is 83 and i had a few short streaks end since then.
Bill

My max streak is 80, which is where I'm at now.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Wordle 415 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RAISE
AVOID
LIMIT
UNFIT