News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 20, 2023, 07:07:33 AMI am growing to dislike the letter Q

Wordle 792 5/6*

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
You shouldn't give clues until everyone has logged their results.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Wordle 792 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 20, 2023, 07:14:56 AMYou shouldn't give clues until everyone has logged their results.

Fair enough, and I avoid doing that myself, although I'm frankly not sure why anyone would go on this thread in the morning before they've done the puzzle that day.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 20, 2023, 07:53:42 AMFair enough, and I avoid doing that myself, although I'm frankly not sure why anyone would go on this thread in the morning before they've done the puzzle that day.
First of all, we have readers and who knows what they expect. Although I know enough not to open this thread until I've solved my Wordle, I do get text messages and Facebook notifications on a Group I run that has a Wordle thread and nobody releases clues or even discusses what words they start out with. If I have difficulty in solving, I sometimes wonder how others made out and I will open the text, knowing it won't spoil it for me or give other an edge.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 20, 2023, 07:14:56 AMYou shouldn't give clues until everyone has logged their results.

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 20, 2023, 07:53:42 AMFair enough, and I avoid doing that myself, although I'm frankly not sure why anyone would go on this thread in the morning before they've done the puzzle that day.

I think Jeff has a point, I don't go on to this thread until I am done.  Just seeing scores, generic comments, and patterns can be a clue in itself.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Wordle 792 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Wordle 792 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on August 20, 2023, 09:39:50 AMWordle 792 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

:worship:  :worship:

Jolly Blue Giant

I think we came to an agreement a few months back that we wouldn't share anything until after 10:00. But, we have kind of a unique group, and we know each other, so it's pretty easy to know when everyone here has posted their results, so I've been known to discuss it earlier than 10:00. But, I'm like Rich and don't even pull up this thread until after I've done Wordle. When I fire up my computer in the morning, the first thing I do is my daily Wordle, and the second thing I do is post it on here and see how you guys fared. Then I take a quick gander at the main football page to see if anything new happened in football that I don't know about...then I go through the various newspapers I read, check Facebook, e-mails, etc., then play my other games like Waffle, Sudoku, Quordle, etc. After exhausting my morning routine, I check back on this site to catch up what everyone is talking about

In short: any clue dropped on here wouldn't affect me a bit, because I've already done the Wordle before coming to this site. It might be different for others  :-??

T200

Yes, the 10AM rule should still be in effect.

There are only a handful of us that play here and most of us, if not all, don't check this thread until after we've solved the puzzle.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bill Brown

Wordle 793 4/6

⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Look at all those green blocks.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

DaveBrown74

Took longer than it probably should have