News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

OZARK S4 SPOILER DISCUSSION

Started by T200, January 30, 2022, 02:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

This thread contains Ozark Season 4 Part I spoilers - proceed at your own risk!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Me and you Tim.

Where to start

Opening 3 minutes, family is happy as a pig in you know what, all laughing and then the accident. So we know at that point, everything worked out for them and they are all a family and leaving. Does anyone survive that accident?

First 7 episodes, killings galore. Really shocked me that Darlene and Wyatt get it. I really hated Darlene but she brought a certain attitude to the show that no one else had. Basically, the exact opposite of Marty and Wendy who talk their way out of everything, Darlene acts. Shoots off the guy's dick, then does away with the father. She would shoot anyone, anywhere just for the heck of it. Not any more. This was a real surprise, just like killing Helen was.

I felt the show got just a bit too talky with all this foundation stuff, but it will lead to more nail-biting action.

The nephew is one hard-ass guy and like Darlene, kills anyone who is in the way.

Did I miss something, did he make a deal with the FBI? I know they were talking about it, but did he do it?

Like to hear your thoughts.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

I didn't like Darlene ever since she killed Del in S1. That was the first shocker that had me like "OH SH*T!!!!" And then she killed Grace and left Zeke for the pastor to find him, and killed her own husband. I was ready for her to get hers. Didn't expect it to be that way but she was way overdue if you ask me.

The way they set up Helen against Marty and Wendy, I knew Helen was going to die. She couldn't do what Marty was doing for Omar. He also had a thing for Wendy as well and wasn't going to kill her.

Javi the nephew did make a deal with the FBI. He's pretty much untouchable at this point. It's messed up what Agent Maya did in arresting Omar. I think she sealed her fate with that move. I can see her getting killed in the second half. Javi has to die. The only person Marty killed in the series was the pastor and that was an accident. I think Marty will kill Javi.

Jonah is really pissing me off with his attitude and diarrhea of the mouth!

As far as the car crash, I agree that they were probably on their way to Chicago. What events transpired before that is anyone's guess. I think it happens in the first couple of episodes of Part 2.

I saw something online that hinted that Rachel may be back in Part 2 as well. Gonna be interesting to see how they wrap everything up.

LennG

I agree Tim.

I wasn't positive about Javi and the FBI and why Maya did what she did. Is it to tout herself or some sort of revenge for that truck blowing up?

Seems we both haven't mentioned Ruth in this chat yet. I really don't know what to think of her role right now. Is she going back to Marty, will she take over Darlene's empire? will she retire and just run her motel (yeah right).

I am also on the shelf about the PI, Mel. At first, I thought there is no doubt he gets killed as he is nosing into too many people's lives, but who would do it, Marty, I don't think so, Wendy, no way, Ruth--why?

A lot of things to think about until the second part of this season airs, probably late 2022
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Maya is an idealist. She was truly hurt and blindsided by her superiors with the Omar deal. She wanted Omar to do some time.

Ruth is definitely the wildcard. It seems like they're setting her up to go after Javi but I don't think she's going to be the one to get him. Not even sure what's going to happen with her either.

I don't quite know what to make of the PI either. I can't imagine he's just a time filler. He called Maya about Marty and Wendy. But she already knows what they're up to and have been 'absolved' by the FBI. What else could he tell her that she doesn't know?

LennG

I could have seen Darlene doing away with the PI. As I said, she would kill anyone just on a whim.

I do think Ruth takes over Darlene's 'empire' and you brought up a good point, maybe she does do away with Javi as he seems to want anyone who will impede the cartels selling of drugs, out of the way. I can see a confrontation between Javi and Ruth, Ruth wins and that does give the Byrds a way out from under the cartel.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Len,

I don't think Ruth wants any parts of Darlene's empire. Remember: the key to them cleaning the money was Jonah. Unless he somehow runs away to start a new business with Ruth, it ain't happenin'.

Also remember, with the deal sealed between Javi and the FBI, the FBI already relieved the Byrds of their obligation. The lead female agent directly told them that "we will be assuming your roles with the Navarro cartel."

I can see Wendy getting killed at some point. She has to. Not sure who's going to do it. Jonah???  :-??

LennG

Quote from: T200 on January 31, 2022, 11:44:51 AM
Len,

I don't think Ruth wants any parts of Darlene's empire. Remember: the key to them cleaning the money was Jonah. Unless he somehow runs away to start a new business with Ruth, it ain't happenin'.

Also remember, with the deal sealed between Javi and the FBI, the FBI already relieved the Byrds of their obligation. The lead female agent directly told them that "we will be assuming your roles with the Navarro cartel."

I can see Wendy getting killed at some point. She has to. Not sure who's going to do it. Jonah???  :-??

Wendy was in the mini van when it rolled over. I have to assume that that was the end of the show.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on January 31, 2022, 01:20:19 PM
Wendy was in the mini van when it rolled over. I have to assume that that was the end of the show.
It could have been but I really doubt it. I have a hard time seeing them end the series like that. Significant people have to die!!!!!  =))

T200

One thing I've been mulling around in my head is the prominence of the women in power positions:

Wendy
Ruth
Darlene
Helen
Maya
Maya's boss

There was even mention of Omar's sister, Javi's mom, during one of their conversations. I have to wonder if she is pulling any strings behind the scenes. Is she higher up on Navarro Cartel's food chain?

T200

Another thought crossed my mind: Early in the series, Darlene and Jacob always had a few guys guarding their gate and house. As the seasons wore on, there were fewer guys around yet she always talked about how she has people. Why was it so easy for Javi to get inside her house?

LennG

Good question, I really never thought about that.

In better times, I attend a local library where every week we discuss some of the latest TV shows. We started with Game of Thrones, the Walking Dead, the Expanse, and any others that people suggest, and we try and watch.

Ozark was a very popular show also to discuss and I remember bringing up the point of how it seemed like a real male-orientated show when it started, but somewhere around season 2 and especially in season 3, the women sort of took over. Maybe it was to get more women to watch, but it definitely was geared towards women in power positions and it certainly7 has continued into this season.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Well guys - I finally got caught up. Wow

It's close to my bed time so I'll be on in the morning. I read through all the discussions and pretty much hit all the highlights with the same questions I have. Still trying to figure out what the out of town Dick is up to and how he fits into the picture. He doesn't give up and he keeps popping up.

I lost count of the deaths, but Darlene blew two guys away before she got hers. Poor dumb Wyatt. When Darlene killed the first guy, I was saying to the TV..."Don't try to discuss with her - justs quietly get in your car and drive away"...then, "you damn fool, do not walk in front of your car towards Darlene or she'll blow your head off"...which no sooner had I said that and "BLAM"

When she killed the mob boss, I couldn't help but laugh when Wyatt wanted to know "WHY?" And she said he was "unkind". Lenn is right, Darlene brought a a certain attitude to the show that both horrified and in a dark sense, was utterly fascinating and hilarious (could be my weird sense of humor). Reminded me of the dark comedies in the Fargo series that ranks right up there with Ozark.

Oh well, I'll check back tomorrow. I have a few more questions and thoughts.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Glad you finished it, Jolly.

I don't suspect Darlene's demise is the last of the shock killings. I honestly don't think anyone is safe. As long as Javi gets his, I'm good with the rest. He has it out for Marty for whatever reason. Marty isn't a killer (except for the accidental shooting of the pastor) but I would like to see him do Javi in.

I can also see Ruth killing Wendy the Wolf B*tch lol

I'm also having a hard time figuring out the private investigator's role in all this. If all he's looking for is a signature, just grab someone to scribble on the paper and keep it moving. There's definitely something there.

Jolly Blue Giant

Somehow the mob and Javi are going to mix it up and there will be blood - lots of it...that's what I think anyway. The private dick might also be in the middle of it and now that Ruth knows it was Javi - she will too. Somehow I also think Mia and her FBI bosses could end up on a slab as well as the woman running the big pharm company.

The way this show goes, I wouldn't be surprised if every last character ends up dead - end of show.

I don't know if you ever watched Fargo (the series, not the movie), but very similar to the piling up of deaths to the point where pretty much everyone in the show ends up dead - even the ones you were rooting for. Great series. Free on Hulu, can buy it on Prime. There's 4 seasons and each season is a complete and finished story. The first couple seasons were tops and the last couple were still good, but not like the first ones. Great cast for each season. Highly recommend
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: