News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Better Call Saul finally returns

Started by LennG, February 10, 2022, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Is anyone else watching?

I thought the last episode was great. They are really on Howard's case.

The show before this where Nacho said goodbye was OK? I felt they were focusing too much on the Cartel and not enough on JImmy/Saul and Kim which the show is supposed to be about. Almost that entire episode was about the cartel and Nacho.

Some of the opening scenes have been great cinema-wise, but very confusing otherwise.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on May 04, 2022, 11:21:34 AM

Is anyone else watching?

I thought the last episode was great. They are really on Howard's case.

The show before this where Nacho said goodbye was OK? I felt they were focusing too much on the Cartel and not enough on JImmy/Saul and Kim which the show is supposed to be about. Almost that entire episode was about the cartel and Nacho.

Some of the opening scenes have been great cinema-wise, but very confusing otherwise.
The suicide of Nacho was terrific. Saul and Kim have become a couple of assholes. I
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

I can finally read through this. I originally missed all of season 5 but have now watched that season, thanks to Netflix.  And as of now I'm all caught up on season 6.
S6E3 culminating in Nacho's death had me tied up in knots. Edge of your seat stuff.

S6 E4 certainly allowed me to catch my breath. Not a lot really happened though sometimes the slower episodes reveal more than you realize at the time. We'll see if that holds true for this one. A couple things stood out though:

Kim meeting Mike for the first time was interesting.

And I loved Gus' house (and his "neighbor's" house too). It's not just the underground tunnel connecting two residences, it's the fact that Gus has hired two people as actors to play his neighbors, who go about their daily lives in incredibly pedestrian ways, (e.g., bickering about where the neighborhood ends, and complaining about the shade of red on the nearby home) they really seem to get into their roles. These aren't Mike's guys of course. This arrangement has probably been going on for several years. Lalo and Don Eladio have built medieval fortresses for their protection; Gus has engineered a private NSA network for his. Damn. Gus has some serious game.

After catching our breath on this one I'm thinking Monday (S6E6) will be turned up a bit. Looking forward to recording and watching later in the week.

*Staying out of the Ozark thread until I can get back to watching the latest released episodes.

uconnjack8

Sad this will end this season because I think it's far and away the best season.  This weeks episode was great.  Did not see some of that coming. 

With the Sandpiper case being settled, I assume we will see Saul make some changes soon.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

This season started slowly but in hindsight you needed the slow in order to bring the payoff we got this past episode.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I just finished this season and WOW, never expected that. Seem like they took a page from Ozark.

I can't say whether or not this is/was the best season as each season has been great, from Season 1 where they introduced us to Jimmy and Chuck, right thru Jimmy's transformation into Saul. He is a treasure to be valued and used again.

Still, the biggest question is what will happen to Kim?

Just a curious thing, I thought Mike had someone watching Jimmy and Kim's home so how did Lalo get in?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Quote from: LennG on May 26, 2022, 11:18:01 AM
Just a curious thing, I thought Mike had someone watching Jimmy and Kim's home so how did Lalo get in?

Len,
Just finished the episode this evening. I think your question can be explained by Lalo's call to Hector - Lalo noticed that Hector's phone was tapped; he deduced that Gus likely did it; so he falsely told Hector, (for Mike's ears), that he was going to kill Gus that night; so Mike pulled his various security details (assuming Saul's home as well) to concentrate on Gus's location; which freed Lalo to walk the streets of ABQ. Remember the quick shot of the cockroach? At that instant it made him think of Saul Goodman.

Other random thoughts...

I am starting to think Lalo survives past the BB timeline, and that is why Gene is scared to death of being recognized in Nebraska. He knows Lalo is still out there. Granted, Saul would have been more cautious throughout his time in the BB series, so not sure how that could be explained, but it's just a thought.

Lalo pulled the trigger but Howard's blood is on Saul and Kim. They're responsible for Howard being there.

The fear factor in this episode's final moments matches any scary movie you care to name.
- The door opening.
- The candle flame whipping.
- The look on Jimmy's face.
- And all of the raw horror, confusion and despair that's contained in the only word Jimmy can get out:

LennG

Quote from: Sem on May 30, 2022, 01:49:13 AM
Len,
Just finished the episode this evening. I think your question can be explained by Lalo's call to Hector - Lalo noticed that Hector's phone was tapped; he deduced that Gus likely did it; so he falsely told Hector, (for Mike's ears), that he was going to kill Gus that night; so Mike pulled his various security details (assuming Saul's home as well) to concentrate on Gus's location; which freed Lalo to walk the streets of ABQ. Remember the quick shot of the cockroach? At that instant it made him think of Saul Goodman.

Other random thoughts...

I am starting to think Lalo survives past the BB timeline, and that is why Gene is scared to death of being recognized in Nebraska. He knows Lalo is still out there. Granted, Saul would have been more cautious throughout his time in the BB series, so not sure how that could be explained, but it's just a thought.

Lalo pulled the trigger but Howard's blood is on Saul and Kim. They're responsible for Howard being there.

The fear factor in this episode's final moments matches any scary movie you care to name.
- The door opening.
- The candle flame whipping.
- The look on Jimmy's face.
- And all of the raw horror, confusion and despair that's contained in the only word Jimmy can get out:

Charlie Weiss

PSUBeirut

I've been fully into these shows for some time as well. My theory is that Kim is the first one to use the vacuum service to disappear to Nebraska, which is why Saul wants to end up there. I think they use the settlement money from sandpiper to make it happen. Kim is from Nebraska, after all, and there are simply zero coincidences in the Gilligan universe.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

LennG

Quote from: PSUBeirut on May 30, 2022, 11:50:57 AM
I've been fully into these shows for some time as well. My theory is that Kim is the first one to use the vacuum service to disappear to Nebraska, which is why Saul wants to end up there. I think they use the settlement money from sandpiper to make it happen. Kim is from Nebraska, after all, and there are simply zero coincidences in the Gilligan universe.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Anything is possible, I just don't see that. I would think Saul would 'RUN' to join her if she did 'disappear' instead of hanging around for whatever time frame Breaking Bad put us thru. If Kim was in Nebraska because of Lalo, why would Jimmy still be here, operating out in the open?

Everyone just assumes Kim is gone, what happens if she is still there, just not mentioned in BB? Hey, as I said, anything is possible on TV.

Just a question for watchers, why are Jimmy and Kim so afraid of Lalo? I know Lalo is the 'BAD' guy and he is evil thru and thru, but Jimmy helped him so why would Lalo have a sort of 'axe' to grind with them. What am I missing here that I must have forgotten?

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Quote from: LennG on May 30, 2022, 11:35:41 AM

Your thoughts on Lalo still being out there and Saul in the Cinnabun era, is still afraid--I just don't see it. If, as many suspect, something evil will happen to Kim, Saul would have gone into hiding well before Breaking Bad ever took place and not been the open lawyer he is then.

It's just a thought I had although, I agree, less likely. As I also mentioned Mike will probably kill Lalo, thus solidifying his loyalty to Gus. I believe this to be a much more likely scenario. 

LennG

Quote from: Sem on May 30, 2022, 12:19:53 PM
It's just a thought I had although, I agree, less likely. As I also mentioned Mike will probably kill Lalo, thus solidifying his loyalty to Gus. I believe this to be a much more likely scenario.

I can live with that.  :ok: :ok: :ok:

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

At what point was BCS taking place simultaneously with BB and will it at some point take place post BB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 30, 2022, 06:26:07 PM
At what point was BCS taking place simultaneously with BB and will it at some point take place post BB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know?

Jimmy/Saul hasn't officially opened his 'main' office yet, but most of the other ingredients are there for Walt and Jesse to be starting their partnership. As I said, it has been announced that Walt and Jesse will appear in one of the final episodes of BCS so hopefully, the fime line will all fall into place.

And Jimmy/Saul Cinnabun adventure has to be post BB.

Charlie Weiss