News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Better Call Saul finally returns

Started by LennG, February 10, 2022, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Don't forget the final six episodes begin tonight.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Kim leaves Saul and with just a few episodes left, I wonder if there will be a BB/BCS sequel with Saul/Jimmy, Kim and Jesse. Saul doesn't take the straight and narrow and go back to Jimmy as an Attorney after all that transpired. It's just not in him. Kim knew they both could never change and together they would destroy each other.

A frog and a scorpion are at the side of a lake. The scorpion ask the frog to do him a favor since he can't swim and let him hop on the frog's back to cross the lake.

The frog says, "No way! Scorpions sting frogs and kill 'em!"

The scorpion says, "You're not thinking with that frog brain of yours. If I sting you and kill you we both drown."

The frog says it makes sense so the scorpion hops on the frog and off they go. About halfway across the lake, the scorpion stings the frog and the frog just can't believe what happened. "Why would you do that???? You stung me and will kill me but now you will die too!"

As they go down for the third time, the scorpion remarks...

"Because... I am a scorpion."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

So I know Ed is watching, anyone else? It took me a while to get started as we were away, but now I have watched the first 3 episodes and it is as good as it ever was, maybe better.

In episode 2 we basically know why we never saw Kim in BB, she has packed her bags and is off somewhere, maybe to return one day, but I seriously doubt it. Jimmy is left to really be Saul Goodman, complete with the Statue of Liberty which we learned so well, from BB. The transformation is complete.
The only thing that bothered me with episode 2 was that it was more like a BB episode than BCS. With so much emphasis on Gus and the druggies. I was a bit annoyed at that. That really has nothing to do with Saul and what is going on in his life.

Episode 3, we are ahead in Omaha (is this the first reference to where Saul has lit out to, or me just not paying attention?). I was completely surprised by a full episode of Black and White 'Gene' doing his thing. I almost laughed out loud when that dude slipped and fell and the look on Saul's face-- =))  =))  =)). From the coming attractions, it looks like we may stay there, but it was only a 5-second thing. Now we just wait for the appearance of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.

I am loving it, but thinking only 3 more episodes left ahs me terribly sad.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I am watching, it appears that Jimmy is not truly alive unless he is working some sort of scam
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He needed to put the threat in their place Slippin Jimmy Style.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on July 27, 2022, 04:51:38 PMSo I know Ed is watching, anyone else? It took me a while to get started as we were away, but now I have watched the first 3 episodes and it is as good as it ever was, maybe better.

In episode 2 we basically know why we never saw Kim in BB, she has packed her bags and is off somewhere, maybe to return one day, but I seriously doubt it. Jimmy is left to really be Saul Goodman, complete with the Statue of Liberty which we learned so well, from BB. The transformation is complete.
The only thing that bothered me with episode 2 was that it was more like a BB episode than BCS. With so much emphasis on Gus and the druggies. I was a bit annoyed at that. That really has nothing to do with Saul and what is going on in his life.

Episode 3, we are ahead in Omaha (is this the first reference to where Saul has lit out to, or me just not paying attention?). I was completely surprised by a full episode of Black and White 'Gene' doing his thing. I almost laughed out loud when that dude slipped and fell and the look on Saul's face-- =))  =))  =)). From the coming attractions, it looks like we may stay there, but it was only a 5-second thing. Now we just wait for the appearance of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman.

I am loving it, but thinking only 3 more episodes left ahs me terribly sad.
They never should have killed Gus off. He's the Negan of BB. Who's the star of the sequel? The weasel Jesse?

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 27, 2022, 06:50:45 PMThey never should have killed Gus off. He's the Negan of BB. Who's the star of the sequel? The weasel Jesse?

[/quote

Maybe, but I wasn't sad when they did, and the way he finally met his maker-- :ok:  :ok:  :ok:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

What did you think of the all-Gene episode? We have caught so many glimpses of his Cinnabun days and never really knew much about it. I was really surprised that Gene would risk something, that if he was caught, who knows what it would mean as we never really knew why he was on the run. We only assumed why. We knew his cover was blown and he didn't want to hi-tail it out of town, but his latest scam, while hilarious and just plain Jimmy, he really never did anything like that before, as far as we know. Why go criminal now?

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on July 27, 2022, 08:01:29 PMWhat did you think of the all-Gene episode? We have caught so many glimpses of his Cinnabun days and never really knew much about it. I was really surprised that Gene would risk something, that if he was caught, who knows what it would mean as we never really knew why he was on the run. We only assumed why. We knew his cover was blown and he didn't want to hi-tail it out of town, but his latest scam, while hilarious and just plain Jimmy, he really never did anything like that before, as far as we know. Why go criminal now?

He played those two assholes and owned them. Great plan.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

I can't read any of these posts because I just started watching the show and am not caught up. I'm just finished up with season 3. But I'll come back and read this thread and add my own comments once I'm caught up. So tempting to read what is being said...but I won't  :no:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 27, 2022, 08:29:00 PMHe played those two assholes and owned them. Great plan.

Yes, great plan, but WHY?

If he gets caught, then what?

Has he now thrown all caution to the wind?

Again, agree, great plan and it worked perfectly (well, almost perfectly), but why has he now gone to grand larceny?

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on July 28, 2022, 10:06:27 AMYes, great plan, but WHY?

If he gets caught, then what?

Has he now thrown all caution to the wind?

Again, agree, great plan and it worked perfectly (well, almost perfectly), but why has he now gone to grand larceny?

They now have vested interest in keeping their mouths shut. What other way would he be able to do that other than implicate them in a crime? The only other way would be to get another identity and move. Although this is how he is wired.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Would love to know how he came to become Gene. Could this be another spin-off series, the link between BB and Gene the Cinnabun man?

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on July 28, 2022, 04:36:49 PMWould love to know how he came to become Gene. Could this be another spin-off series, the link between BB and Gene the Cinnabun man?

I thought that was all going to be revealed before the series ends. So He becomes Gene at the end of BB? Not before BB?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin