News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Better Call Saul finally returns

Started by LennG, February 10, 2022, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 17, 2022, 08:30:06 AMI am curious, now that both series have ended, which one was better?

Better Call Saul or Breaking Bad?
Breaking Bad.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

To answer my own question, I think I liked Better Call Saul.  I mean, they were both great TV, but I think that BCS appealed to me a bit more because it had more heart.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

For me, there was and probably ever will be a series as good as Breaking Bad.

I guess it all depends on how you like a series. BCS had its serious side but it also had a lot of lighter moments and, as was said, some 'heart'. BB would never be in that category. It was harsh, it was dark, it was troubling at times, but it was never light. Even in its attempt at some humor, like when Walt thru that pizza on the roof of his house, it still wasn't funny.

BCS was a good copy as far as writing, acting, and especially cinemaphotography, but BB set the standard and it will never be equaled.

As I said, some may like BCS better as it offered a different type of enjoyment, but for me, it will always be BB.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss