News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Better Call Saul finally returns

Started by LennG, February 10, 2022, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on August 07, 2022, 12:06:13 PMBetter Call Saul Finally Resolves One Of Breaking Bad's Greatest Cliffhangers

Nice article

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/recaps/better-call-saul-finally-resolves-one-of-breaking-bad-s-greatest-cliffhangers/ar-AA10gHsJ?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=f0a0f58ffdec42c498bde2f231d442fd

How did Huell help Walter poison the kid? Walter used the Lillies in his back yard to produce the poison on the kid but kept the vial of Ricin hidden and finally used it on that psycho bitch.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 07, 2022, 10:51:10 AMDestroying the lives of his family in his wake. He did save Jesse who he loved like his son who had cunning and street smarts Jr. never had. 

True, but when you look back, he took on some of the most powerful, smart, and often brutal men and took them all down.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 07, 2022, 12:28:04 PMHow did Huell help Walter poison the kid? Walter used the Lillies in his back yard to produce the poison on the kid but kept the vial of Ricin hidden and finally used it on that psycho bitch.

Just from my memory, I think Huell pickpocketed the ricin cigarette and gave it to Saul.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on August 07, 2022, 01:02:52 PMJust from my memory, I think Huell pickpocketed the ricin cigarette and gave it to Saul.
He did but remember Walt hid it in behind the cover of the electric outlet and used it on the woman who put a hit on him at one time. He almost did it earlier but then she sold him in her distribution network.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 07, 2022, 01:44:24 PMHe did but remember Walt hid it in behind the cover of the electric outlet and used it on the woman who put a hit on him at one time. He almost did it earlier but then she sold him in her distribution network.

You asked how Huell was involved in this. I think I answered that.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

WOW, just a great episode that tied up a lot of loose ends and has left us with a WTF sort of mentality.

It is so sad to think that after all these years and waiting almost 2 years between seasons a while back, all this is coming to an end next week.  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:

So we now know about Kim
We now know what happened between Jimmy and Kim
We now know that Kim has fessed up about the entire Howard thing
We now know Jimmy/Saul/Gene is in really deep you know what
We also know Carol Burnett is one great actress along with being a great comedienne.
We also learned how Jesse came to link up with Saul (maybe blame Kim for that)

Some thoughts that were going thru my head while watching.

We know basically why Saul hi-tailed it out of town--the Feds were looking for him as well as the cartel, but why is Kim on the run? As far as I remember, she really didn't do anything wrong, illegal--- (maybe lie about Howard's death) but legally, she should not be in any trouble. Is she running from Lalo who they do not know is dead? Is she running from the cartel?
She left Jimmy because she was fed up with their life, scared, but why assume an identity that she probably hated? Gosh, Kim deciding which mayo to use.

So any predictions as to how this will all end? Will Jimmy meet his maker? Will Jimmy sneak out of town once again and start up somewhere else? Will Jimmy get arrested and have to become Saul again to get himself out? Will Mike show up and rescue him (wait, that can't happen, Mike is dead)? I guess we will have to wait till next week and find out.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

She left for all the reasons you laid out, Lenn. She surely was a loose end for the Gus and Mike. She needed to remove herself from the temptation of scamming and getting away with it.

There was one possible clue at the airport as the sign Alaska flashed. If he indeed has the money, he needs to get a new identity. If they don't catch up with him. He turned into a real POS.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I really thought Kim liked the way her career was going. She ditched the hi=brow law firm and wanted, in a way, like Jimmy, to help the needy get a fair shake. In the entire series, she didn't smile very much, but I really thought she loved the way her career was taking her. YES, she basically hated the way Jimmy was doing business, who he was mixed up with, etc. I wonder if Mike had told then that Lalo was, in fact, dead, that might have made things turn out differently. If you remember, all he said to them was Lalo won't be bothering them anymore, he never said why. She hated the fact that she would be looking over her shoulder every day, but again, I wonder if she knew Lalo was dead, she might have reacted differently.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

She may not be prosecuted so she can go back to law if she chooses and i think that was her plan all along. No evidence. Howard was melted. She just found out that everyone was dead and buried. I think that's why she cried. She wasted six years of her life in a mind numbing existence. What she loses sight of is that she would have someway, somehow been dragged into the world of Saul Goodman.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

As I watched the latest (and many of this season) episodes, I can't help but remember the line from Paul Simmon's song Kodachrome

"Everything looks worse in black and white."

I think that the show is trying to show just how bleak and unfilling both Jimmy's and Kim's lives were after they separated.  It's sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.   Together they are destructive to those around them; apart, they are miserable.  While Kim may be trying to do the right thing now, I am mindful that it was Kim's idea and driving force to destroy Howard's life and reputation, not Jimmy's.

How this all will play out will be interesting.   Will the two of them both run off to Alaska together?  Does Jimmy get caught and spend the rest of his life in prison?   I mean, being IDed is bad for Jimmy, but since the people who IDed presumably don't know his name or where he lives, Jimmy shouldn't have a hard time getting out of town and calling the man for a new ID and location.

I really have no idea what Kim's motivation or end game was.   To be frank, I thought it was a bit out of character for her unless we are to assume this was an indication of character growth.  It's sort of ironic; she gave up the big $$$ as a lawyer to help people.   Now her life has been reduced to selling lawn sprinkler heads and living the dreary suburban life.   So by giving up being a lawyer, she went from making lots of money and living the good life to having a job that helped people, to having a meaningless job while not making any money and not really using her talents.  Not exactly the best life choices.

I wonder if this series will end up with a tragic or happy ending for our ill-fated pair.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I think in addition to any self interest she has to getting a normal life back, she experienced great remorse and shock as to the consequences of her actions when Howard was shot. She carried this with her in the six years of her zombie like existence. Interesting how she never said she was sorry or asked for forgiveness. She just wanted to set it straight.

Good point Rich on the Black and White and I thought the same thing. I even went back to the scene with her and Jesse in the parking lot to see if it went from color to Black and White as she walked away in the rain. It didn't.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Seeing Kim again, in her new existence was quite a shock. As was said, I just would enver picture her as the Martha Stewart type, to live a plain existence doing the good neighbor, good worker, etc. She loved the chase of being a lawyer, whether it was a high-profile case or just helping some poor person get their due rights.
So what was she running and hiding from, Howard's death, No I just can't believe that was it. From the cartel, possibly, as Jimmy has been doing. It is just so out of character for her. For me, I didn't see her breakdown as distraught, but relief at finally being able to set the truth free. Maybe now she can move on with her life and back into something she loved, the law.

I guess you can say the same for Gene. He has had to be miserable as Gene. he lived for the spotlight, that was his persona. Even when struggling as a lawyer he was making videos, and billboards, he needed to see his name in light. Maybe that is why, when this new opportunity came, to pull off some crimes, he jumped at it. Still, he knew the consequences if caught.

The only thing we know about the last episode is we see the remains of a burnt out car and we know we can't put much stock in that.

For me, I do hope he gets away and we don't have one of those tragic endings. Jimmy/Saul/Gene have been so entertaining all these year and brought us so much pleasure, I truly hope they get him out of town. But to what? He will enver go back to being Gene the Cinnabun guy in a new town. He was miserable at that.
We will know in a few days.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Vince Gilligan Says 'Better Call Saul' Will Be Last Show In 'Breaking Bad' Universe: "You Can't Keep Putting All Your Money On Red 21" – TCA

https://deadline.com/2022/08/vince-gilligan-better-call-saul-will-likely-be-last-show-breaking-bad-universe-1235089406/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I guess there really isn't anywhere else they can go with it.

We had a prequel, the real series, and now the after-effects with Gene.

It has been a great ride though.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

We have to see how it ends. If Kim and Gene both survive, they may both run away to Alaska. I have a former classmate who was disbarred and who knows what else who went to Alaska and then took off to Baku for some unknown reason. He was one of the stars of Wild West Alaska. lol

I think Gene fakes his death in that burned out car.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin