News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Better Call Saul finally returns

Started by LennG, February 10, 2022, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Personally, I don't think there is any way in hell Kim goes anywhere with Jimmy/Saul/Gene. As I said before, I feel the crying part was a way of just showing relief that that point of her life is now over, and MAYBE she can go back to being Kim Wexler, attorney at law. Jimmy/Saul/Gene will always be a part of her life that she would not want to get back to.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

So let's take this one step further. I think we would all like Jimmy to escape somewhere. But to what? Say he fakes his death and does go somewhere else, say Alaska, is that the life he will lead, getting another no future job while hiding out alone? Wherever he goes, if he goes, and whatever he will do there, he can ever again be Saul Goodman.

How about this, he gets arrested, sent to jail, and becomes the Andy Dufresne (Shawshank Redemption) of where ever they send him.   :ok:  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Well, folks, it all ends tonite. Looking at the show it is something like 95 minutes long and let's hope we all enjoy the ending. Too many series go out with a whimper and not a bang and leave many disappointed. I'm sure there will be a lot to talk about tomorrow.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

I just had Linda watch the Breaking Bad series after much resistance and now we are renting the BCS series which I missed a few episodes and saw most of it before watching BB.

Kind of sad to see the show ending but watching it from a different perspective will be interesting.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I have a personal theory that most shows have a life of 7 seasons.   After 7 seasons, shows tend to diminish as they usually have explored all the characters and played out most of their good stories.   BSC is on season 6.  I don't have a problem with shows going out on top rather than running too many seasons and diminishing what they were about and what they accomplished.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 15, 2022, 12:38:23 PMI have a personal theory that most shows have a life of 7 seasons.   After 7 seasons, shows tend to diminish as they usually have explored all the characters and played out most of their good stories.   BSC is on season 6.  I don't have a problem with shows going out on top rather than running too many seasons and diminishing what they were about and what they accomplished.

That is true. We all know what happened to TWD as it tried to stay relevant. any great series hung on just a bit too long and their fans, even though they enjoyed them, were aggravated with the last couple of years.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

What a crappy ending. It was anticlimactic almost from the start although the flashbacks and regrets showing his true character, were transcended by his repentance and his  love for Kim.

He had them down to seven and that win on paper was enough to satisfy his grifter instincts.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I agree Ed. Did he FINALLY see the light and regret his entire life?

We watched Jimmy.Saul/Gene for 6 years and knew him as well as we know anyone, yet now that he has basically won, he turns to Mr. Nice Guy.  BOOOOOO..

One thing, for sure, we all had it wrong, and maybe they should have listened to us.

Everyone see the quick promo for a couple of new series?

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Yes, was that one show with both actors? 2023
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on August 16, 2022, 11:07:50 AMI agree Ed. Did he FINALLY see the light and regret his entire life?

We watched Jimmy.Saul/Gene for 6 years and knew him as well as we know anyone, yet now that he has basically won, he turns to Mr. Nice Guy.  BOOOOOO..

One thing, for sure, we all had it wrong, and maybe they should have listened to us.

Everyone see the quick promo for a couple of new series?

Gene turned out to be a real scumbag so that's quite a leap to redemption. Did his love for Kim turn him around?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 16, 2022, 11:30:45 AMYes, was that one show with both actors? 2023

I think it was for 2 separate shows

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Sure seems as if we are alone in our opinions of the finale. I did a look-see at how many others viewed it and almost to a man (or women) everyone thought it one of the best episodes of the entire series.

What the hell do we know?

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I was okay with the ending.   If you think about it, one prison was the same as another.   In fact, I suspect Jimmy will actually be happier in jail than in the jail of his on the run and running a Cinnabon.  I always thought Jimmy had a good heart if you looked past his drifter instinct.   I think his love for Kim pushed him to finally do what he did.  He was really doomed one way or the other (like he would have a life after jail), so he was able to at least make a sacrifice to save Kim.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I am curious, now that both series have ended, which one was better?

Better Call Saul or Breaking Bad?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE