News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Walking Dead MidSeason Begins on AMC

Started by Ed Vette, February 20, 2022, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

You know I have been so down on this show the past few seasons and have not held back in expressing that opinion. But if you remember I was most positive about the first 1/3 of this last season in my reviews. In fact, in my library group, where we discuss several TV shows, I gave TWD my comeback series of the year award. As I said before, I felt the scenes between Negan and Maggy were superior in acting and writing. There was so much tension between them you could cut it with a scissor. I hope this next arc is just as compelling.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

I like Negan but was disappointed he left Maggie to die to get rid of a threat she posed. I hope he vindicates himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

So who else besides myself and Ed are watching this now. Myself, I am watching in spurts as I simply cannot watch one episode a week and thenh try and remember what happened last, or just get into this series again.

With one more episode left in the mid-season, group let me say a few things.

As I said last season, I felt the show had gained new inspiration, or whatever you want to call it. I felt the interactions with Negan and Maggie were excellent and gave the show new life. Whenever they were on screen together, the tension was there and it reminded me of the way I used to feel about the show when Negan was introduced.

Personally, I am not into these sort of Star War police but the addition of several characters from this new civilization 'the Commonwealth' has added a nice touch. I look bad though and think of all the years our group traversed the lands looking for anyone who can offer them a place to stay, with other humans trying to survive, and then, out of the blue, here is the Commonwealth with 50000 people residing there. It was things like this, some more minor than others, but they sort of piled up and really turned me off to this show as I felt the writing really got stupid and they felt the audience will gulp up anything they threw at them. Just not so. The writing has gotten better, but they're still are several moments when you just sit there and scratch your head.
Have they said where all this gas has come from to run the cars etc?
I still feel Daryle and Carol are lost in these episodes and Maggie and Negan and several others have really stepped up and taken over the show. GOSH, Eugene has been great this last season, where has this been for the past 5 years.   

Anyway, if others are watching, I would like to know how they feel, but I am enjoying it a lot more than I did for the past couple of years.

Charlie Weiss

gregf

The 2 spin off series disappointed,  but I'm still following the walking dead. I heard they may do a movie with Rick and Machone?  Its time to wrap up soon though in my view.  At some point, the struggles need to bear fruit

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: gregf on April 07, 2022, 10:54:33 PM
The 2 spin off series disappointed,  but I'm still following the walking dead. I heard they may do a movie with Rick and Machone?  Its time to wrap up soon though in my view.  At some point, the struggles need to bear fruit

I tried really hard to get into the spin offs.  Couldn

Ed Vette

Some of the acting has been outstanding which has enhanced the plot. Character development has also been worked in very well. The Eugene character in particular has really developed from where he was introduced. Negan of course too and I think back to the dreams or visions of Carl with a kinder loving Negan.

I wonder how they are going to work the Maggie and Negan spin-off. Negan saves her son but now the son is a future threat.

Lenn and Paul, what spin offs have you seen that you didn
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 08, 2022, 07:22:24 AM
Some of the acting has been outstanding which has enhanced the plot. Character development has also been worked in very well. The Eugene character in particular has really developed from where he was introduced. Negan of course too and I think back to the dreams or visions of Carl with a kinder loving Negan.

I wonder how they are going to work the Maggie and Negan spin-off. Negan saves her son but now the son is a future threat.

Lenn and Paul, what spin offs have you seen that you didn

Ed Vette

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on April 08, 2022, 07:30:16 AM
Fear the Walking Dead and world beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got into the World Beyond but Fear actually became very good and at one point was better than TWD.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I am still watching, but it's more out of habit than anything else.  With all the cast turnover, I can't even keep track of all the people.

On a side note, I can't help but note a similarity between Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.   I noticed in Breaking Bad, that there weren't many people who survived meeting Walter White, and in Walking Dead, there are not many communities/groups or leaders of said peoples that survive meeting our band of favorite survivors. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: gregf on April 07, 2022, 10:54:33 PM

When Fear started it really sucked, big time. Then they dramatically got rid of every character from the opening 2 years, except Stark, brought in a whole new set of characters and some from TWD, and it really got interesting. Like Ed, I enjoyed Fear a lot more than TWD. BUT, when they put Morgan in a death situation as a season-ending cliffhanger and never really explained how in hell he got out of it, I was really put off. From then on, I was hesitant to get involved again, and the more I watched the more I got confused and really started to dislike the entire show. I just stopped watching and really don't miss it at all.

I watched the first episode of the other spin-off and that was it. It seemed to be for the 'junior' set and they were just trying to capitalize on this zombie craze even though their efforts should have went to making TWD a better show.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 08, 2022, 09:11:18 AM
I am still watching, but it's more out of habit than anything else.  With all the cast turnover, I can't even keep track of all the people.

On a side note, I can't help but note a similarity between Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.   I noticed in Breaking Bad, that there weren't many people who survived meeting Walter White, and in Walking Dead, there are not many communities/groups or leaders of said peoples that survive meeting our band of favorite survivors.

Breaking Bad is possibly the best TV show ever made. Any similarity between TWD and BB is lost somewhere in TV land. Where you may see something that can relate to both shows, that is where the similarity ends.

Charlie Weiss

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 08, 2022, 08:58:08 AM
I never got into the World Beyond but Fear actually became very good and at one point was better than TWD.
That