News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Preliminary Assessment Unidentified Arial Phenomena

Started by Ed Vette, May 31, 2022, 02:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Congress hearings are the result of a stipulation attached to a 2020 COVID-19 relief bill, which required US Intelligence agencies to produce a report on UAPs within 180 days.

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf

Relevant article:

https://theconversation.com/amp/is-there-evidence-aliens-have-visited-earth-heres-whats-come-out-of-us-congress-hearings-on-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-183443

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Just call me Doubting Thomas on this issue.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

We have gone thru this several times already and it's about time the government admitted that we are not alone.

I am a firm believer in UFOs' and I have very strong feelings about certain things from our past. Obviously, there is no proof, just beliefs.

When we see videos such as what is now almost common, I really find it hard to believe anyone could doubt their existence. At least, that's the way I see it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I agree with your views Lenn, but more than any proof, pictures or stories, I just can't imagine that in the vastness of the universe, Earth is the only speck of dust with life on it. Intelligent or otherwise.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

T200

Count me as a believer in other life outside of our own big blue marble.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

todge

I have been following all of this for a while via The  History Channel and documentaries. Respected scientists, former astronauts and researchers have all revealed incredible proof that not only are aliens real but the government has known about them for quite a while.

The Greys met with Dwight Eisenhower. They and 19 other alien species have visited or inhabit Area 51. It

DaveBrown74

On the one hand, it seems far-fetched to the point of being naive to think that in an infinite universe, we are the only life form. I have never believed that, simply for that reason - it seems far less credible to me than the alternative theory.

What is less certain though to me is that alien lifeforms have visited our planet and possibly interacted with (or abducted) human beings. I am certainly not saying this definitely has not happened, but I would need to see more concrete evidence for me to buy into it with both hands.

Moreover, I would say that with today's surveillance and technology, if there were such visitation, there is a good likelihood it would be picked up, not just by the government but also by civilians, to such an extent that a cover-up would not really be possible.

Of course, I fully accept that alien technologies might be so advanced that they are capable of visiting without detection.

Bottom line for me: I believe in their existence. I just am not certain anyone has been here. Maybe, maybe not. I would like to see more evidence of this before I buy in wholly. I think with things like this people always want to believe the more fantastic, exciting explanation than the boring, disappointing one. So that tendency drives a lot of these theories in my opinion. Not just on this subject but on others like it as well.

MightyGiants

I am less than happy that this is what we are wasting tax dollars on.     I am sorry but UFOs from outer space are just flights of fancy.    I can't get past the fact that UFOs didn't become a thing until popular fiction started portraying flying saucers and aliens from other worlds.   You didn't see George Washington or Thomas Jefferson talking about UFOs.  You saw this become a thing in the 1950s the same time Sci-Fi and movies about flying saucers came into their own.

That said, I am not ruling out life on other planets, I simply am not sure about the ability to traverse the immense distances.   I am not sure there are technologies available to travel those sorts of distances in anything short of centuries
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

The report came back as inconclusive but there were closed door sessions. There is so much xxxxxxxx out there but the tic tac phenomenon witnessed by the US pilots is certainly interesting. This a really interesting podcast that is based on the Bob Lazar claims but touches on much more.

The Jonathan Reed videos and pictures and his story seem like a hoax. The Charles Hall series of books Millennial Hospitality about the Tall Whites with no proof or other corroboration is an interesting story but he would have been silenced long ago. There are podcasts of Hall talking about his experiences and I would watch them and not buy the books. The Travis Walton story is also interesting but I
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 01, 2022, 09:16:45 AM
I am less than happy that this is what we are wasting tax dollars on.     I am sorry but UFOs from outer space are just flights of fancy.    I can't get past the fact that UFOs didn't become a thing until popular fiction started portraying flying saucers and aliens from other worlds.   You didn't see George Washington or Thomas Jefferson talking about UFOs.  You saw this become a thing in the 1950s the same time Sci-Fi and movies about flying saucers came into their own.

That said, I am not ruling out life on other planets, I simply am not sure about the ability to traverse the immense distances.   I am not sure there are technologies available to travel those sorts of distances in anything short of centuries
I think that our government wants to find out more because the technology falling into the hands of China, Russia or another government would be a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

I'm extremely open to the idea that we are not the big fish in the cosmos. What concerns me about the naysayers is that we as humans tend to try and understand or explain things from our own perspective. It severely limits the possibilities to only what we humans think is possible. It's almost like if we can't imagine it, no other being can either.

Take space/time travel for example. We only understand the effects based on our human flesh. Perhaps the make up of other beings aren't subjected to the same limitations as we are.

I truly believe there are other beings much different than us. Do ants fully comprehend what humans are in relation to them? Do worms or amoeba know who and what humans are? I think there are other life forms that are much more advanced and ahead of us that we will never be able to understand them. We are indeed a very centric and arrogant species.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on June 01, 2022, 09:50:02 AM
I'm extremely open to the idea that we are not the big fish in the cosmos. What concerns me about the naysayers is that we as humans tend to try and understand or explain things from our own perspective. It severely limits the possibilities to only what we humans think is possible. It's almost like if we can't imagine it, no other being can either.

Take space/time travel for example. We only understand the effects based on our human flesh. Perhaps the make up of other beings aren't subjected to the same limitations as we are.

I truly believe there are other beings much different than us. Do ants fully comprehend what humans are in relation to them? Do worms or amoeba know who and what humans are? I think there are other life forms that are much more advanced and ahead of us that we will never be able to understand them. We are indeed a very centric and arrogant species.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
It
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 01, 2022, 09:21:28 AM
The report came back as inconclusive but there were closed door sessions....
Ed: Did you ask yourself WHY they were closed-door sessions? 

I think there are three possible answers:
(1) some UFOs are our own weapons and that info is classified - if true, the government doesn't want the world to know what we have and what we can do... this is the "standard" national security" blather;
(2) some UFOs are owned by other countries/private entities & the government doesn't want them to know that we know they have them (or we don't want them to learn how LITTLE we know about them lol);
(3) some UFO's are truly unidentified flying objects/phenomena of unknown original (which, you see, can include earthly and non-early owners).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 01, 2022, 11:37:22 AM
Ed: Did you ask yourself WHY they were closed-door sessions? 

I think there are three possible answers:
(1) some UFOs are our own weapons and that info is classified - if true, the government doesn't want the world to know what we have and what we can do... this is the "standard" national security" blather;
(2) some UFOs are pwned by other countries/private entities & the government doesn't want them to know that we know they have them (or we don't want them to learn how LITTLE we know about them ol);
(3) some UFO's are truly unidentified flying objects/phenomena of unknown original (which, you see, can include earthly and non-early owners).

Bob

They could also be discussing sensor and detection systems that are still classified
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE