News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, June 06, 2022, 08:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I've been thinking of changing my avatar, but wondering what my fellow posters think. Using an interesting site called "New Profile Pic", it takes any picture you have of a face and turns it into a profile picture or avatar. I've always kind of liked the one I use, but playing around I've come up with a few options and was hoping for some input...maybe I should have made this a poll. Anyway, here's four options that I came up with using the new website. As you can see, it distorts your face (usually in a positive way making you appear younger and better looking than you really are - at least in my case...LOL) and there are several options that can be used for creative coloring, backgrounds, wave effects, etc. So with no further adieu, what do you guys think?

Should I just stick with my old one or update my avatar for the new software coming? If anyone wants to try this method for an avatar, go to: https://newprofilepic.com/ I don't know why it says, "come back a week later for new effects..." because when I've used it there are plenty of effects immediately. Maybe they mean they are adding new effects all the time. Anyway, it seems to work pretty good for avatars on message boards
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Other ideas is you wanted to use a favorite Giant

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 06, 2022, 08:34:18 AM
I've been thinking of changing my avatar, but wondering what my fellow posters think. Using an interesting site called "New Profile Pic", it takes any picture you have of a face and turns it into a profile picture or avatar. I've always kind of liked the one I use, but playing around I've come up with a few options and was hoping for some input...maybe I should have made this a poll. Anyway, here's four options that I came up with using the new website. As you can see, it distorts your face (usually in a positive way making you appear younger and better looking than you really are - at least in my case...LOL) and there are several options that can be used for creative coloring, backgrounds, wave effects, etc. So with no further adieu, what do you guys think?

Should I just stick with my old one or update my avatar for the new software coming? If anyone wants to try this method for an avatar, go to: https://newprofilepic.com/ I don't know why it says, "come back a week later for new effects..." because when I've used it there are plenty of effects immediately. Maybe they mean they are adding new effects all the time. Anyway, it seems to work pretty good for avatars on message boards
I changed my mind lol

I like this one... if you can do it in blue.

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on June 06, 2022, 10:01:59 AM
I changed my mind lol

I like this one... if you can do it in blue.

Thanks for the input Tim - not sure if I will change it or not, but wondered what other's thought and hoping others might try the site for themselves if they'd like a likeness of themselves (or a favored Giant) as their avatar. The site doesn't give an option of a blue background, but I might be able to do it with a photo editor. I no longer have Photoshop on my PC, but there's some other software programs that aren't nearly as expensive that do a pretty good job

Bob In PA

I always notice, and like, the guy smoking the pipe.  I have always thought that that was very original.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 06, 2022, 10:58:47 AM
I always notice, and like, the guy smoking the pipe.  I have always thought that that was very original.  Bob

My girlfriend says the same thing

LennG

I LOVE it. I just lost 30 years

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Looks good Lenn - I like the third one the best...although, the first one really captures your smile and happy demeanor.
BTW, thank you for your service friend. I wasn't aware you were a vet  :ok:

Bob In PA

Len: The bottom one looks just like you....  so maybe you'd better use one of the others.   =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))   Bob  PS. Seriously, it's a very nice representation. 

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 06, 2022, 11:45:15 AM
Looks good Lenn - I like the third one the best...although, the first one really captures your smile and happy demeanor.
BTW, thank you for your service friend. I wasn't aware you were a vet  :ok:

I liked the 3rd one also. Really makes me look 30 years younger. 
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Lost a few years also Ed.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on June 07, 2022, 11:41:40 AM
Lost a few years also Ed.

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Look what has been started.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on June 07, 2022, 12:48:24 PM

Look what has been started.
Nice pic of you and Doris.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin