News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Spam Risk

Started by jimv, June 07, 2022, 07:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Hi all, does anyone know what SPAM RISK is?  I keep getting telephone calls from it.  This happens at least four or five times each day.  If I do try to answer, I hear nothing back.  Do any of you ever get these weird calls?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Btw, I get twenty calls a day like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

My biggest calls are for my car warranty that is about to expire. Too bad it expired a couple of years ago.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I still have a Verizon landline phone.   I was getting a ton of junk calls.   Verizon had a way that you could block spam (you have to go online and make a few settings).   After I did that I had a year or so with very few junk calls.   Then they suddenly returned.  Only it was odd.   The phone would ring once and then stop.   Then a minute later the junk call would come through.   I had to research, turned out Verizon put in a back door for emergencies where a human could get past the blocker.    The spammers had figured out how to defeat it.   So I had to disable the backdoor in order to eliminate most of the junk calls.   I figure I am not 911 so no emergency is that great.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I get a half ring, I check it out, and it says "SPAM", but it has already automatically hung up on the caller. My phone contacts are not pages and pages long - just family and friends and a few medical offices, insurances, banks, etc., which I recognize the number so if one of the spammers is actually a needed call, I call back. Happened once a few months ago and I called back, but not since. I use Mint (couldn't possibly be happier with it - works like my old AT&T, but only 15 bucks a month and has the same 5g network as T-Mobile). I'm really glad the phone companies are fighting back against spam callers. Tired of getting 3 or 4 calls a day to tell my my car warranty has run out and they've been trying to get ahold of me....duhh (car is a little over a year old and less than 10k miles)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

With caller ID, we don't answer unless it is someone we know or a number we recognize. Our phones tell us who is calling, so we listen, and again, if it is someone we know we answer, or else we just screen the calls and wait for them to start talking.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss