News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Movie trivia

Started by LennG, May 02, 2022, 11:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on October 06, 2022, 07:46:41 PMOK Bob

I do remember several movies, but tried to do a bit of research and was stonewalled

So I would like to try a few guesses
Two For the Road--Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney
Star--Julie Andrews and several British men 

But I still like Taylor and Burton as they made several movies around that time and I can just see them saying that at the end of several.

Len: You can stop guessing. Your first guess is correct. Congratulations. It's a movie about a married couple who constantly question whether they should be/stay/ever have gotten married, and who occasionally stray or are attempted to do so (that's not 100 percent clear, although it is strongly suggested, at a minimum). At the end of the story they're simply driving down the road together as they do throughout the movie (hence the title) and, exasperated with each other and the situation, come to the realization that they'll always be together... the final lines are "bitch" (to her) and "bastard (to him)... both said, of course, with the most proper British accent. LOL

The director of "Two For The Road" was Stanley Donen. Some members might never have hear of him.

If so, they don't pay much attention to directors... Donen directed a few movies that might sound vaguely familiar LOL... On the Town (1949); Royal Wedding (1951); Singin' in the Rain (1952); Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954); Funny Face (1957) and Charade (1963) (and numerous others... he was a busy bee).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

ozzie

Well done, Lenn & Bob. I had absolutely no idea and couldn't even come up with a guess.
Funny though, I have seen and enjoyed each of the other movies Bob mentioned just above, but have never seen Two for the Road. I'll have to check it out.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on October 07, 2022, 08:36:10 AMWell done, Lenn & Bob. I had absolutely no idea and couldn't even come up with a guess.
Funny though, I have seen and enjoyed each of the other movies Bob mentioned just above, but have never seen Two for the Road. I'll have to check it out.

Glad I was able to help out.    :ok:  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:

Funny thing, I remember the movie, which I had seen once, many, many years ago, and didn't like it one bit. Reasoning, I really don't remember as I usually love Hepburn and anything she is in, but this movie was a complete drag for me.

Hope this doesn't influence you Lou.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: ozzie on October 07, 2022, 08:36:10 AMWell done, Lenn & Bob. I had absolutely no idea and couldn't even come up with a guess.
oz: That was the point of my posting the trivia question. I'm actually not big on trivia stuff, but it was a decent movie. Mostly a "character study" inasmuch as there really is no plot.  It's just "getting to know" the two main characters through their current actions, flashbacks, and other story-telling tools. Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on October 07, 2022, 02:02:03 PMGlad I was able to help out.    :ok:  :ok:  :ok:  :ok:

Funny thing, I remember the movie, which I had seen once, many, many years ago, and didn't like it one bit. Reasoning, I really don't remember as I usually love Hepburn and anything she is in, but this movie was a complete drag for me.

Hope this doesn't influence you Lou.

Lenn: I know what you mean, but have a suggestion... I'm a lot like you (not meant to be an insult LOL) in that it's not the type of movie I most prefer.  However, as a man who has certainly lived a lot of life since seeing "Two For The Road" you may (as I did) want to consider challenging yourself to "get into it" and watch the movie from a different perspective than the last time you saw it. I DO GET YOUR POINT. It's a character study, more like reading a book than watching a lively movie, but MANY FOLKS like such stuff and I challenged myself to try to do what those people do.  I'm still no great fan of the genre, but for those two particular actors... I'd try almost anything. Finney, having played Scrooge in the 60's musical of the same name, always impressed me as an actor with a HUGE range. Same for Hepburn (My Fair Lady). Bob