News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

No matter how many I own

Started by MightyGiants, October 22, 2022, 05:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

FILL IN THE BLAMK. I always have an urge to buy more.

For me it's beer and winter gear
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bill Brown

Morgan silver dollars

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Sem

weeze

1960 through 1970 Gottlieb "add a ball" pinball machines. I currently have 8.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Slugsy-Narrows

Guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

High-end knives, flashlights, and shoes/boots/sneakers
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

A few questions

@T200, what is your average (I think a man who collects bowling balls much have a good average)?

@ps11yat14, what is it about MSDs that has you collecting them?

@weeze I am old enough to have played pinball machines as a kid.  What makes the  Gottlieb "add a ball" pinball machines special?

@Sem I understand the amount of hops changes a beer's flavor how does the type of hop do that?

@Jolly Blue Giant, I share your passion for footwear and flashlights and can understand the knives (I enjoy the knife forging gameshow), so I am at a loss for a good question

@Slugsy-Narrows what are the qualities of hunting rifles that differentiate one from another?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I thought of a question for @Jolly Blue Giant

How have you dealt with the LED revolution in flashlights?  I confess that their introduction sort of dampened my enthusiasm for flashlights.  I mean any cheap piece of crap flashlight is now blindingly bright.

One other question, do you shop at or get the Sportsman Guide catalog?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2022, 08:47:06 AMA few questions

@T200, what is your average (I think a man who collects bowling balls much have a good average)?

@ps11yat14, what is it about MSDs that has you collecting them?

@weeze I am old enough to have played pinball machines as a kid.  What makes the  Gottlieb "add a ball" pinball machines special?

@Sem I understand the amount of hops changes a beer's flavor how does the type of hop do that?

@Jolly Blue Giant, I share your passion for footwear and flashlights and can understand the knives (I enjoy the knife forging gameshow), so I am at a loss for a good question

@Slugsy-Narrows what are the qualities of hunting rifles that differentiate one from another?
Shotguns - small & big game hunting - different gauges mixed with different shot/shell sizes are needed to hunt different game and in NJ can't use a rifle (except in some cases)  pump action shotgun also best rated home defense weapon you can own!

Muzzleloader - black powder rifle - just a very different way and style of hunting

Bolt action rifle - various calibers (much like the shotgun) to hunt various animals.

Semi-Auto Rifle/ AR Style - for defense less time spent loading unloading.  For Hog hunting - need the rounds to put as many down as you can!  They are invasive doing millions of dollars in damage a year to farms and land!

Handguns - again various calibers and sizes for various reasons and uses! 

This is just a few - this could go on for a while!!!  This relates to some hunting and self defense- didn't even tough on target shooting for fun or competition!

Then we can also discuss - sights/optics, bullets/ammo/shells etc!

It's an expansive hobby for sure!  The weapon itself is really just the tip of the iceberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2022, 09:02:18 AMI thought of a question for @Jolly Blue Giant

How have you dealt with the LED revolution in flashlights?  I confess that their introduction sort of dampened my enthusiasm for flashlights.  I mean any cheap piece of crap flashlight is now blindingly bright.

One other question, do you shop at or get the Sportsman Guide catalog?

Of course, the LED flashlights are incredible. I have a lot of coyotes around my place and I can use a flashlite to zoom in on one and see it bright as day a hundred yards away. I keep a half dozen spread around the house (even one next to my PC), two in my car (three actually if you count my emergency flashlight that I've never had to use), one small one that can illuminate a whole lot of space around the car and a larger one that can zoom out or in for great distances. I also keep an emergency pack in my car (fire extinguisher, flares, hooked lineman's knife to cut through seat belts, a short mall for breaking windows, and a flashlight on a flip open tripod that flashes red or can be used as a floodlight)

I don't shop at Sportsman Guide and tend to pick up my flashlights at Tractor Supply Co., or Amazon.

As far as knives go, I shop at https://www.knifecenter.com/ and have several "Benchmade" (flippers and automatics), a couple "Kershaw", and too many "Case" knives to count. I have hunting knives that I've kept since I was a kid getting ready for deer season. Still have my folding Buck knife that I got for my 16th birthday. I carry a small automatic Benchmade knife on me at all times

My carry knife:

Another thing I buy too many of are hats. I have dozens and always pick up another one that catches my eye

If asked this question 10 years ago, I'd have to also say guns. But I have 7 handguns, 4 rifles, and 3 shotguns...all of them my favorite for specific uses - a lifetime of trading up. The only thing I don't have in my arsenal is a nickel plated 6" Colt Python which I will probably get in my lifetime at some point, but it's hard to lay out close to two thousand dollars for a piece that I just want to stare at...LOL.

Oh yeah, unless I win the lottery, I'll never get a 20 ga side-by-side high end shotgun for grouse hunting. To me, they are pieces of art. My favorite is a Purdy (40k and up), but I'd settle for a Parker or Fox Sterlingworth if they were in 20 ga., single trigger, and in mint condition. I suspect I'll never get a sweet little double and just as well as I don't really hunt anymore anyway at my age

Here's a Purdy (costs about 120,000), but it has double triggers. It cost an extra 20k for a single trigger. Takes about a year to make. I visited Purdy in London back in the 90's and they let me fondle a basic side by side. Their actions are like Swiss watches and tight as a bank vault. They were in the process of making a special one for Prince (now King) Charles and showed it to me. Gun was going to be a half million dollar gun that is probably worth ten times that now that it is Charles' personal piece

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 23, 2022, 07:41:56 PMHow many do you own, and what names?

I own about 15

YA Tittle (throwback)
2 Manning (away and home)
Strahan
Jacobs (super Bowl 42)
Carson
Bavaro
Hampton
Armstead (my current one for our winning streak)
Way
Tuck
Shockey (buried in the back of the closet)
Taylor
I believe there is another one, I just can't recall right now--I'm not home)

Several I didn't buy new, but picked up in thrift shops, online, and on craigslist.

Funny though, right now, there really isn't one player I would want their jersey, maybe McKinney
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

I bowl in 2 leagues

207 in one and 175 in another.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: