News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

No matter how many I own

Started by MightyGiants, October 22, 2022, 05:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2022, 02:12:55 PMDo I hear you right?  Jim, you have made some of your own movies?  What are they about

When I said "made" I meant copied.  Sorry about that.

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimv on October 24, 2022, 03:22:13 PMWhen I said "made" I meant copied.  Sorry about that.

I hope you keep them organized.  The funny thing, my brother used to collect all sorts of movies on DVDs.  Only he didn't organize them very well.  So now he will pay the money to stream a movie rather than try and hunt it down in his collection.   :doh:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 24, 2022, 03:24:38 PMI hope you keep them organized.  The funny thing, my brother used to collect all sorts of movies on DVDs.  Only he didn't organize them very well.  So now he will pay the money to stream a movie rather than try and hunt it down in his collection.   :doh:

I do keep them organized.  I have certain actors & actresses that I keep their movies together.  Those I keep in order of the times they were made.  All the others I keep in alphabetical order.

weeze

ah crap, I wrote a response to questions about Pinball machines and it was kinda long as it was a long topic and then somehow, some way the whole post deleted itself. No xxxx, and now my fingers hurt too much to repeat it.
But I want you ALL to know, that the Weeze is ,or was , ranked 18,xxx in the entire world last year. This was because I went to one tournament and they keep track by computer. So be very afraid! I am a Wizard! :D
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

MightyGiants

Quote from: weeze on October 24, 2022, 09:32:23 PMah crap, I wrote a response to questions about Pinball machines and it was kinda long as it was a long topic and then somehow, some way the whole post deleted itself. No xxxx, and now my fingers hurt too much to repeat it.
But I want you ALL to know, that the Weeze is ,or was , ranked 18,xxx in the entire world last year. This was because I went to one tournament and they keep track by computer. So be very afraid! I am a Wizard! :D

Come on Weeze, I got to know.  Do the great pinball players learn how to nudge that machine just right or is it all about timing and reflexes?   

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

weeze

Both actually. The really great players, the ones that are always around the top 5 or 10, depending on the size of the tournament, where it is, sanctioned woith certain points awarde,  can slide games around a tiled floor just about anyway they want without a tilt. People like me, been playing since my teens, I can smack the sides or the front of the cabinet on just about any EM game I have any time on. The main tilt mech in case you didn't know is a plumb bob hanging in a metal circuler piece and both are electrified so to speak, If the plumb bob touches anywhere ,TILT! there are other tilt mechs and of course what are called "slam switches. These are a thin piece of metal, like a strip that vibrates back and forth with a weight on its end. If it swings enough it'll contact another part, complete the circuit and TILT!
I beat the current 4th ranked player in the world on a mid 70s Gottlieb EM, He won the tournament, I finished second to last. Guys a weatherman in Tamps. Man he was upset! He lost one game in a tournament where you are going to play 8, 10, 12 whatever the number is. Now I think it might have helped that I have previously owned that same title for a couple of years so I knew the game well. So it can happen, you get hot, they get cold but you will NOT beat them with any consistency. This guy spends every Saturday he is not working in a privately owned building with 75 or more games. I have forgotten how many, He has a standing order for every new title that comes out with one of the retailers for Stern and Jersey jack, plus a couple of very small manufactures.
 THis guy will spend whatever number of hours on a new title until he knows the game cold. So he works, sleeps and practices playing pins.
 Hows that for a answer?
 Giants are on local tv this weekend and they are the "GAME OF THE WEEK". Seattle man, beat their scrawny asses so I can give xxxx to my buddy who is a Slowhawk fan, the only Slowhawk fan I've ever known in my life.
 OK now my fingers are shot again so all I can say is Don't feed the French!

PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

y_so_blu

Giants gear.
Ball caps.
Metal CDs.

Jersey Heel

Fishing gear. I have way more rods and reels than I need and still can't resist a good deal.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jersey Heel on November 03, 2022, 10:06:29 PMFishing gear. I have way more rods and reels than I need and still can't resist a good deal.

That could be me as well. Not only do I have more than a dozen rods and reels (not cheap ones, but top shelf ones), I have several tackle boxes and probably well over a hundred lures that I've never even tried. I guess I wanted a setup for every possible fishing expedition whether it be deep sea, surf side, tiny trout stream, long noodle rod for Salmon, trolling, drifting, fly fishing, etc. Everything from ultra/ultra light to something to bring in a 60 lb Muskie. Funny thing though, I pretty much fish for nothing but Walleye in the last 10 years
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: