News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Clear Captions

Started by LennG, November 08, 2022, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Is anyone, besides myself, hard of hearing? Wear a hearing aid? I do and a few years ago, I was at a senior fair where this organization, Clear Captions, offers free phones, where the words come up as you speak, to anyone who might need something like this. I have used this phone for several years especially when I speak to my grandkids, or people who have heavy accents (like on help call lines) to understand what they are saying.
I just got the latest version of this phone installed a few minutes ago and in many cases, it is a lifesaver for me.

So, if anyone MIGHT need something like this, or know of anyone who MIGHT need something like this, again, it is a  FREE product.

https://clearcaptions.com/bing/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=brand&utm_term=clear%20captions&msclkid=3e590015404b1b01b4ee637fc3c33698
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I'm not there yet, but it's good to know there are products out there like this.
Thanks for sharing, Lenn
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

I don't usually have trouble hearing, but I have hearing loss - especially high frequencies and too much background noise can make it hard for me to understand what someone is saying. Should be on my pet peeve list, but sometimes I have an awful time trying to understand folks on the phone who have strong accents. I'm already paying close attention (literally eyes closed and every background noise turned off) to what is being said and have the volume turned all the way up, but I struggle to understand their words and constantly have to ask the caller to repeat what they said because of their strong foreign accent. I doubt they'll come up with something to deal with that. Should add that to my "irks the crap out of me" list. My name is Ric, not Weik and it's "how are you", not "hoe wuh ooh"  ~X(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: