News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYG Players who are at the top of their game

Started by Ed Vette, November 15, 2022, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Is there anything on the CBs ED? I know we're allowing the 2nd lowest cmp% in the league next to the Patriots but didn't know how that translated over for Jackson.

Jclayton92

Also didn't want to make an actual thread for it but I think Shep has come on in a coaching capacity. He's got the headsets and is coaching wrs on the sideline. Think he might transition to Quality control under daboll after this season with the injuries mounting. Nice to see him coaching the young guys.

MightyGiants

The Giants have 3 potential All Pros

Andrew Thomas
Dexter Lawerence
Saquan Barkley

They have a couple of potential Pro Bowlers

Graham Gano
Adori Jackson
Maybe Leonard Williams

They have some serious talent in player like

Love
McKinney
Bellinger
Thibs
Daniel Jones

So can we really say the Giants got to 7-2 with a roster devoid of talent
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 15, 2022, 12:42:49 PMIs there anything on the CBs ED? I know we're allowing the 2nd lowest cmp% in the league next to the Patriots but didn't know how that translated over for Jackson.
50% of snaps. Adoree 25th.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 15, 2022, 01:18:49 PMThe Giants have 3 potential All Pros

Andrew Thomas
Dexter Lawerence
Saquan Barkley

They have a couple of potential Pro Bowlers

Graham Gano
Adori Jackson
Maybe Leonard Williams

They have some serious talent in player like

Love
McKinney
Bellinger
Thibs
Daniel Jones

So can we really say the Giants got to 7-2 with a roster devoid of talent
who's saying that? I think everyone here acknowledges we have talent but that we need more talent and more importantly depth that's built over years of good drafting and quality signings.

Uni

But I am being told that all of our WR are practice squad scrubs who couldn't start for any other team?

#:-S

MightyGiants

Quote from: Uni on November 15, 2022, 02:21:39 PMBut I am being told that all of our WR are practice squad scrubs who couldn't start for any other team?

To be fair, PFF is but one measure, and one even I (as someone who frequently posts PFF) feel should be more of a secondary measure rather than a primary one.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

Man wish the Giants selected Garret Wilson...but anyways good to see so many Giants doing well according to PFF.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

TDToomer

Quote from: Uni on November 15, 2022, 02:21:39 PMBut I am being told that all of our WR are practice squad scrubs who couldn't start for any other team?

It's mostly true with Slayton and Robinson being the only ones who would even be rostered. KG is only still here because of the cap penalties.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on November 15, 2022, 02:56:58 PMIt's mostly true with Slayton and Robinson being the only ones who would even be rostered. KG is only still here because of the cap penalties.

Slayton is the #1, but he'd have been hard-pressed to be even #4 on either of the 2007 or 2011 teams.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 15, 2022, 03:38:22 PMSlayton is the #1, but he'd have been hard-pressed to be even #4 on either of the 2007 or 2011 teams.

There was uncertainty that Slayton would even make the roster behind Golladay, Toney, Shepard, and Robinson
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

Personally, I think that's a lot of baloney. :boooo: