News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Football Outsiders QB Ranking by their Metrics

Started by Ed Vette, November 15, 2022, 03:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

OK, in English, what is this telling me about Jones, who is #22?

Good, Bad, average????????
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Uni

The ranking is immaterial. Jones' DYAR is 83, which means that if he were replaced by an average QB, that QB would have 83 less passing yards. That's under 10 yds per game. So Jones is very, very mediocre. He's the last QB on the list with a positive DYAR.

Tua is throwing 1094 yards more than an average QB would have thrown in the same situation.

President Rick

and how many of those rated 'above' Jones have a 7-2 record?  how many do not.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Uni

I was under the impression this was a team sport.

Jones DYAR is so low yet ever so slightly positive, which means Jones is the replacement level QB all the QB are compared against

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Uni on November 15, 2022, 04:55:12 PMI was under the impression this was a team sport.

Jones DYAR is so low yet ever so slightly positive, which means Jones is the replacement level QB all the QB are compared against

Except those other QBs have, you know, actual NFL-level receivers.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Jclayton92

Anyone have the Adj line yards or adj sack rates?