News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Darius Slayton Ranked #2 in the League by Football Outsiders 7-39 Passes

Started by Ed Vette, November 15, 2022, 03:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

Sadly, he will not be on this team in 2 years.

Why sadly, because until we integrate Wandale faster into our game plans he is the best we got.  No separation usually and very, very questionable hands.  I appreciate what he is giving us, but we need much better heading down the road.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Uni

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 15, 2022, 05:13:25 PMSadly, he will not be on this team in 2 years.

Why sadly, because until we integrate Wandale faster into our game plans he is the best we got.  No separation usually and very, very questionable hands.  I appreciate what he is giving us, but we need much better heading down the road.
Is this a repost from 2021?

Rambo89

He's been a solid player for the Giants.  Sure he's not and never will be a #1 receiver but he's a solid #2 and when you add in Robinson all the Giants really need to add is a true #1 elite receiver (which is easier said than done).  Add in Bellinger and this group overall is not as bad as it's made out to be even with them lacking a true #1 elite receiver.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Rambo89 on November 15, 2022, 08:14:30 PMHe's been a solid player for the Giants.  Sure he's not and never will be a #1 receiver but he's a solid #2 and when you add in Robinson all the Giants really need to add is a true #1 elite receiver (which is easier said than done).  Add in Bellinger and this group overall is not as bad as it's made out to be even with them lacking a true #1 elite receiver.
That true #1 though does make a difference.

When a safety has to shade to that side and play a bit deeper then it opens up more options for other skill players.

One less player in the box for SB.

One less player in the box for the Slot and TEs.

WR2 is now single covered and not double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMenRF

Quote from: Rambo89 on November 15, 2022, 08:14:30 PMHe's been a solid player for the Giants.  Sure he's not and never will be a #1 receiver but he's a solid #2 and when you add in Robinson all the Giants really need to add is a true #1 elite receiver (which is easier said than done).  Add in Bellinger and this group overall is not as bad as it's made out to be even with them lacking a true #1 elite receiver.
Playing devil's advocate here - with all the picks we have at our disposal do you go trade some picks and move up and get a Quentin Johnston similar to what the Falcons did when they made the move for Julio?

I don't like giving up assets but if you can get a blue chip player like that why not?  Considering where we are picking we may not a shot at those.

Defensively we are CB and ILB short of being a truly dominant defense.

todge

Slayton's a former track star; but he will always have unreliable hands. He deserves the X position. Wandale is too small to play outside and is a slot/Z guy only. One will never supplant the other.