News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Chiefs Injury Report This Week (11/14/22)

Started by Philosophers, November 16, 2022, 06:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

No Kadarius Toney on the Chiefs injury report.  Hmmm.

With Ju Ju Smith Shuster on concussion protocol as well as Mecole Hardman and Marquez Valdes-Scantling questionable as well, it looks like the Chiefs are down to only 3 WRs.  This will be Toney's chance there to light it up.  Get ready for some stats and second guessing by some.

Slugsy-Narrows

No 2nd guessing here! 

When you take out the trash, you don't bring it back into your house a week later and sniff it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 16, 2022, 06:25:38 PMNo 2nd guessing here! 

When you take out the trash, you don't bring it back into your house a week later and sniff it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul - that is a perfect analogy.  Well said.

No matter what he does for KC, he never seemed to want to try over two coaching regimes.  Maybe he was pulling some kind of John Elway and not wanting to play for us so he could play elsewhere (and maybe improve his brand).

sooners56

Can't speak for everyone but I am very curious on how Toneys season and future go!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Blue Fire

I know we want to trash Toney but there is no denying he is ultra talented. Not many guys can move like him on the football field. Sometimes it takes a change of scenery for a guy to get more serious or for the light bulb to turn on too.

A lot of these guys coming out of college are barely past their 21st Bday and they have been given millions to play with. Some never get it and some take a few years before they mature. Some it takes a wake up call like a trade to get them going.

With all that said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he starts putting up numbers over there if he remains healthy and motivated. He already flashed some of that talent his first game with them and probably will have a bigger role this coming Sunday.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Rambo89

Quote from: sooners56 on November 16, 2022, 06:41:52 PMCan't speak for everyone but I am very curious on how Toneys season and future go!

I'm not.  It's clear he was an issue here and it wasn't going to work here with this regime and what they're trying to accomplish.  Whatever he does elsewhere it was never going to happen here.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

GMenRF

Quote from: Philosophers on November 16, 2022, 06:11:20 PMNo Kadarius Toney on the Chiefs injury report.  Hmmm.

With Ju Ju Smith Shuster on concussion protocol as well as Mecole Hardman and Marquez Valdes-Scantling questionable as well, it looks like the Chiefs are down to only 3 WRs.  This will be Toney's chance there to light it up.  Get ready for some stats and second guessing by some.
It's not wasted talent if the player had no interest in playing to his potential here.

2 different coaching staff's but same outcome.  Toney wasn't going to work out here regardless of who was coaching here.

Philosophers

Quote from: sooners56 on November 16, 2022, 06:41:52 PMCan't speak for everyone but I am very curious on how Toneys season and future go!

That makes two of us.  He may very well be the real deal, but if he didn't want to play for the Giants, their options were limited.

Philosophers

Quote from: Blue Fire on November 16, 2022, 06:49:24 PMI know we want to trash Toney but there is no denying he is ultra talented. Not many guys can move like him on the football field. Sometimes it takes a change of scenery for a guy to get more serious or for the light bulb to turn on too.

A lot of these guys coming out of college are barely past their 21st Bday and they have been given millions to play with. Some never get it and some take a few years before they mature. Some it takes a wake up call like a trade to get them going.

With all that said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he starts putting up numbers over there if he remains healthy and motivated. He already flashed some of that talent his first game with them and probably will have a bigger role this coming Sunday.

How can you say he is ultra talented?  His NFL film is about 18 seconds long.  You can't draw conclusions from that.  I mean David Wilson had more NFL film than Toney and that is not saying a lot.

Blue Fire

Quote from: Philosophers on November 16, 2022, 07:21:21 PMHow can you say he is ultra talented?  His NFL film is about 18 seconds long.  You can't draw conclusions from that.  I mean David Wilson had more NFL film than Toney and that is not saying a lot.

The movement skill on the football field is special. Being ultra talented doesnt always translate to consistent production but he is a very gifted athlete.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Philosophers

Quote from: Blue Fire on November 16, 2022, 07:33:39 PMThe movement skill on the football field is special. Being ultra talented doesnt always translate to consistent production but he is a very gifted athlete.

Movement skill again over what 6 plays?  Come on. 

Blue Fire

Quote from: Philosophers on November 16, 2022, 08:03:12 PMMovement skill again over what 6 plays?  Come on. 

Its more than 6 plays. Once again talent doesnt always equal production but he has talent. The movement skill is evident. Most WRs can't cut and change direction like he can. His issue isn't talent/ability its motivation and staying healthy. 

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone