News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anyone have a "Roku" set up?

Started by weeze, November 19, 2022, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeze

I just started after the hurricane since Direct Tv offered no reasonable repair time. I think they s aid 3 weeks. I made the appointment and then I told the girl "It will be great to see one of your trucks around. I just wish to confirm, Ive been a customer for over 20 years and have always had my payments in on time. I have been paying extra each month for the warranty plan you offer. Now that my house has been hit by a cane and took hits from 2 tornados you tell me the best you can do is 3 weeks?"'
Her response was some sort of mumbo jumbo. I then said, yup send the repairman and by the way, Ive had no service for 9 days so I don't ever want to see or hear from you again. II am done with your company. Somebody calls the next day to tell me they can get someone out in TWO weeks! I said no thanks I am done with AT and T. KInda enjoyed telling them to stick it!
 So I went out and bought a roku stick and stuck it in my tv and instantly had those free channels. I did sign up for "You tube TV" because I buddy said he had that, Now my question is Id like to get the second TV going in the bedroom. Do I just buy another stick?
thanks for the advice! 
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Nyfg83

Yes, you will have to buy another stick unless by chance your other tv is a Roku television

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennG

We use the Amazon Fire Stick and like the Roku, we need one on each TV. We just bought a smaller TV for the bedroom that has the Fire Stick already installed so no need for an extra piece. I have seen TVs with Roku also already installed if you are thinking of buying something new.

What are you using for the internet? We are very tempted to tell our cable supplier, Optimum to also go take a hike, but we still need an internet provider.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

I have Atand t bundle. I always screw up anything I touch electronically but really, bout the roku stick, under 30 bucks at best deal or whatever you call it, Put it on and voila! I know Walmart has a stick on sale for 19 bucks right now so tomorrow I shall go get a second stick.
 Thanks for the info, its a pain sometimes being able to live without all the electronics you guys use all the time.BUT, boiy I cant tell you how much I like not having a stinking telephone on me when I leave the house.
thanks again 

weeze

so bottom line is that if I get another stick, put it on tv number 2 and it will get the same stuff Ive got on my account? aka "YouTubeTV"?

Nyfg83

Yes sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sem

Quote from: weeze on November 23, 2022, 06:32:20 PMso bottom line is that if I get another stick, put it on tv number 2 and it will get the same stuff Ive got on my account? aka "YouTubeTV"?

Yes, you'll have to first connect the new stick/device to the TV, pair it to your wifi, add the apps you currently use with the other TV, and log in to those accounts by following the on-screen instructions, and you're good to go. It's basically exactly the same as what you did with your original Roku. Once you've successfully accessed the app (youtube tv, etc.), you're all set.