News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

@TalkinGiants Offensive Line Report

Started by Ed Vette, November 22, 2022, 02:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Good breakdown by Bobby Skinner on Lemieux, Gates and Thomas. Justified what my glances saw with Gates on how well he played his first reps at Center. What a feel good success story this has been for this young man who was so resilient and fought through the adversity of a catastrophic injury. His buddy the owner at the House of Mozzarella must be absolutely delighted.

Unfortunately when Bredeson comes back off of IR, Lemieux looks destined for the Practice Squad. Just too many mental errors and rusty technique.

Bobby also touched on how poor Oline play effected the Run game too. Unless that player is Andrew Thomas and showed how SB should just shoot behind him. Also highlighted the AT hand circling technique and how that's working for him.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 22, 2022, 02:40:51 PMGood breakdown by Bobby Skinner on Lemieux, Gates and Thomas. Justified what my glances saw with Gates on how well he played his first reps at Center. What a feel good success story this has been for this young man who was so resilient and fought through the adversity of a catastrophic injury. His buddy the owner at the House of Mozzarella must be absolutely delighted.

Unfortunately when Bredeson comes back off of IR, Lemieux looks destined for the Practice Squad. Just too many mental errors and rusty technique.

Bobby also touched on how poor Oline play effected the Run game too. Unless that player is Andrew Thomas and showed how SB should just shoot behind him. Also highlighted the AT hand circling technique and how that's working for him.
Ed

I may be wrong.......

Our OLINE was clicking and improving UNTIL

NEAL AND Breadson go down with injury.

If those two don't get hurt I think we are seeing a different Giants Offense.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 22, 2022, 02:43:59 PMEd

I may be wrong.......

Just my 2 cents

Paul,

For me, it seemed like the team was missing Bredeson more than Neal.   Bredeson may not be a great LG, but he is a serviceable one who was significantly better than any of the guys that replaced him.   At RT, I don't see a big difference between Neal for most games and his replacements.  I think the loss of Neal is more projecting how he would have continued to improve and play better than he started out
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 22, 2022, 02:43:59 PMEd

I may be wrong.......

Just my 2 cents

for sure, 100%. As Rich said, more so the loss of Bredeson and the continuity of that interior. The good coming out of all of this is that Ezeudu has had opportunity he never would have had and he is the future. I feel pretty good with him at LG and Gates at Center. Actually now have some solid depth in Feliciano and Bredeson if that's how it plays out. I think the loss of Neal was a shame because he was learning each week and he was a loss in the Run Game. Peart looks like a solid backup. Draft a RG to replace Glow next season because I don't see them going with a competition of Bred, Glow and Feli.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 22, 2022, 03:01:38 PMfor sure, 100%. As Rich said, more so the loss of Bredeson and the continuity of that interior. The good coming out of all of this is that Ezeudu has had opportunity he never would have had and he is the future. I feel pretty good with him at LG and Gates at Center. Actually now have some solid depth in Feliciano and Bredeson if that's how it plays out. I think the loss of Neal was a shame because he was learning each week and he was a loss in the Run Game. Peart looks like a solid backup. Draft a RG to replace Glow next season because I don't see them going with a competition of Bred, Glow and Feli.
I can't find anything to disagree with spot on how I feel