News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF heroes and goats the Cowboys game II

Started by MightyGiants, November 25, 2022, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

OFFENSE

Heroes

Nick Gates
Chris Myarick

Goats

Mark Glowinski
Tyre Phillips
Jack Anderson

DEFENSE

Heroes

Dexter Lawrence (elite)
Kayvon Thibodeaux (elite)
Rodarius Williams

Goats

Micah McFadden
Cordale Flott
Tomon Fox
Nick McCloud
Oshane Ximines
Jason Pinnock
Darnay Holmes
Henry Mondeaux
Justin Ellis
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Total +Offense
Gates- 82.4
Myarick- 76.3
Slayton- 70.0
Hodgins- 67.8
Cager- 64.9

Honorable Mention
James- 63.5

Total -Offense
Cunningham- 47.1
Anderson- 50.3
Phillips- 51.2
Glowinski- 54.2

Mention
Jones- 57.0

+ Pass/Receiving
Brightwell- 77.2
Myarick- 74.9
Slayton- 70.0
Hodgekins- 67.0
James- 65.8

-Pass/Receiving
Barkley- 45.7
Golladay- 53.4
Breida- 55.7
Johnson- 57.0
Jones- 59.1

+Pass Blocking
Breida- 77.4
Phillips- 72.5
Barkley- 72.2
Cager- 69.2
Cunningham- 67.1

-Pass Blocking
Myarick- 40.6
Glowinski- 46.6
Anderson- 51.7
Thomas- 56.9
Brightwell- 62.0

+Run Blocking
Gates- 88.6
Myarick- 72.8
Cager- 65.4
Golladay- 60.3
Brightwell- 60.1

-Run Blocking
Phillips- 40.7
Cunningham- 50.7
James- 54.0
Thomas- 54.4
Glowinski- 55.2

Run
Barkley- 66.2
Breida- 62.1
Brightwell- 58.2
Jones- 60.0

Overall Defense Top and Bottom Three
Lawrence- 89.7
Thibs- 87.2
R Williams- 83.5
Ellis- 27.3
Mondeaux- 28.4
Holmes- 29.4

Run Defense
Lawrence- 81.2
Thibs- 75.3
Williams- 72.1
Ellis- 27.6
Mondeaux- 27.8
Holmes- 37.4

Tackling
Flott- 80.8
McCloud- 80.6
Holmes- 77.0
Ximines- 24.1
Thibs- 31.3
Williams- 33.1

Pass Rush
Thibs- 80.1
Lawrence- 79.7
Ximinez- 63.4
Pinnock- 49.6
McFadden- 52.4
Fox- 54.9

Coverage- R Williams- 87.0
McFadden- 76.9
Smith- 74.3

Total Pressures
Thibs- 9
Ward- 3
Lawrence- 2
Williams- 2

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Grades for Andrew Thomas and Oshane Ximines are in line with my observations. Both looked as bad as their scores indicate. Perhaps they were sick?

Ed Vette

Thomas could have been sick but then again, it could have been facing Micah Parsons or a combination of both.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Thibs elite?  No way, I was told in the game thread he was a major disappointment...

In all seriousness, Thibs played a hell-of-game and is getting better-and-better.  He looks like a keeper and should only get better.  We have something here and would like to see him paired with O on the other end...

I don't believe Thomas was sick; instead, I think it's the byproduct of facing the best LB in football who COULD eclipse LT's numbers when he done.  In just 1.6 seasons, he's already amassed 25 sacks; he's a true generational player who's on pace for 100+ sacks in less than 7 seasons...That's just crazy.

Thanks for posting, Rich and Ed. 

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Sem

Quote from: kingm56 on November 25, 2022, 01:13:15 PMThibs elite?  No way, I was told in the game thread he was a major disappointment...

In all seriousness, Thibs played a hell-of-game and is getting better-and-better.  He looks like a keeper and should only get better.  We have something here and would like to see him paired with O on the other end...

I don't believe Thomas was sick; instead, I think it's the byproduct of facing the best LB in football who COULD eclipse LT's numbers when he done.  In just 1.6 seasons, he's already amassed 25 sacks; he's a true generational player who's on pace for 100+ sacks in less than 7 seasons...That's just crazy.

Thanks for posting, Rich and Ed. 
I thought Thomas kept Parsons in check in their first meeting in the Meadowlands. Although I really don't recall how often they were matched up against each other.

sooners56

Quote from: kingm56 on November 25, 2022, 01:13:15 PMThibs elite?  No way, I was told in the game thread he was a major disappointment...

Thibs got pressures but missed the sack when he had Prescott dead in his tracks. So instead of punting, the Cowboys drive ended in a TD. Yet Thibs will be credited with a pressure which in the end that pressure stat meant nothing. What would hav meant something is if Thibs finished and got the sack. That "almost" play would have kept a TD off the board for the Cowboys. The almost making a play is my only beef with Thibs.  It's also not surprising Thibs got pressures this game as he was going up against a fellow rookie who was drafted late first and many thought that was too high.  The prior two games when Thibs lined up against some of the better LTs he was silent.

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

kingm56

Quote from: sooners56 on November 25, 2022, 02:06:14 PM

Thibs got pressures but missed the sack when he had Prescott dead in his tracks. So instead of punting, the Cowboys drive ended in a TD. Yet Thibs will be credited with a pressure which in the end that pressure stat meant nothing. What would hav meant something is if Thibs finished and got the sack. That "almost" play would have kept a TD off the board for the Cowboys. The almost making a play is my only beef with Thibs.  It's also not surprising Thibs got pressures this game as he was going up against a fellow rookie who was drafted late first and many thought that was too high.  The prior two games when Thibs lined up against some of the better LTs he was silent.

Thibs was hardly silent the prior games; Rich was kind enough to post his stats and PFF ratings for the aggregate 7 games he played; he's currently among the best DE in pressures and QB hits.  The sacks will come.  Do you know how many total sacks Michael Strahan had his first 4 years...18 total; he only 1 his rookie season and 4.5 his second.  It's going to take some time....

Hadron

Yeah, 9 pressures, 5 QB hits, and 4 hurries? Thibs must be a scrub.  /sarcasm/

On a serious note: sacks aren't everything. We've seen Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence exert dominance without getting sacks.

sooners56

Quote from: kingm56 on November 25, 2022, 02:23:03 PMThibs was hardly silent the prior games; Rich was kind enough to post his stats and PFF ratings for the aggregate 7 games he played; he's currently among the best DE in pressures and QB hits.  The sacks will come.  Do you know how many total sacks Michael Strahan had his first 4 years...18 total; he only 1 his rookie season and 4.5 his second.  It's going to take some time....
well hopefully we don't have to wait 4 years before Thibs starts finishing. Guess I'm just expecting more impact plays than just pressures but maybe I am being unrealistic for the 5th overall pick in his first year.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

kingm56

Quote from: sooners56 on November 25, 2022, 02:35:21 PMwell hopefully we don't have to wait 4 years before Thibs starts finishing. Guess I'm just expecting more impact plays than just pressures but maybe I am being unrealistic for the 5th overall pick in his first year.

More pressures?  He had more pressures and QB hits than Lawrence, Williams and X combined yesterday.  He played his best game against a heated division rival in prime time...he showed up.  I just think you're expectations are too high, even for the 5th overall pick. He's not LT and that's ok.

Jolly Blue Giant

I think there should be a little love shown to Slayton. He's really picked up his game. Score rank him at 70 behind Myarick and Brightwell, but he made some tough catches and moved the ball deep
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Trench

gregf

Excepting Parsons, Thibs was the best defensive player on the field in my view. He played great. Futures bright.