News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF heroes and goats the Cowboys game II

Started by MightyGiants, November 25, 2022, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: kingm56 on November 25, 2022, 01:13:15 PMThibs elite?  No way, I was told in the game thread he was a major disappointment...

In all seriousness, Thibs played a hell-of-game and is getting better-and-better.  He looks like a keeper and should only get better.  We have something here and would like to see him paired with O on the other end...

I don't believe Thomas was sick; instead, I think it's the byproduct of facing the best LB in football who COULD eclipse LT's numbers when he done.  In just 1.6 seasons, he's already amassed 25 sacks; he's a true generational player who's on pace for 100+ sacks in less than 7 seasons...That's just crazy.

Thanks for posting, Rich and Ed.
Exactly on Thibs   Just shows how clouded some fan's expectations are!

This is why what happens in the fans eyes vs what is reality doesn't always line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugsy-Narrows

LennG

In today's paper, they said Thibs had 1 tackle but anyone who watched the game saw he was a disruptive force whenever he was on the field. He said his one regret, and I agree, didn't get Dax when he had him dead to rights. Hopefully, he will learn from that.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

state_property

Quote from: Hadron on November 25, 2022, 02:26:52 PMYeah, 9 pressures, 5 QB hits, and 4 hurries? Thibs must be a scrub.  /sarcasm/

On a serious note: sacks aren't everything. We've seen Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence exert dominance without getting sacks.
Dallas got holdings calls but not many on Thibs.

todge

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 25, 2022, 01:03:24 PMThomas could have been sick but then again, it could have been facing Micah Parsons or a combination of both.
Giant reports today said that if the other OLs were healthy, Thomas would have sat out yesterday's game. Yes he was sick.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Quote from: TDToomer on November 25, 2022, 09:30:05 PMAlong with Jones it's nice to see players taking accountability for their play unlike that other benched QB at MetLife.
He took the high road. Unlike Micah Parsons who I was really hoping the Giants would draft.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Pressure is great. I may be wrong and that's ok. But personally I expected a lot more than one sack after 11 games from the #5 pick