News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFL Power Rankings

Started by Ed Vette, December 06, 2022, 07:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

How many of us thought this team would be ranked in the top 1/3 of the league in December, by anyone?

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 06, 2022, 07:29:16 PMHow many of us thought this team would be ranked in the top 1/3 of the league in December, by anyone?
Not me!

And to think if we had WRs and a slightly better IOL where could we be?

Makes me excited for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

Many of these rankings list the Commanders ahead of the Giants after that tie game. Although I think the Giants are the better team, it may have to do with their recent success and a slight fall while the Giants have had rolling failures and a slight rise to the tie.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 07, 2022, 10:42:06 AMMany of these rankings list the Commanders ahead of the Giants after that tie game. Although I think the Giants are the better team, it may have to do with their recent success and a slight fall while the Giants have had rolling failures and a slight rise to the tie.
That and the tie for a Giants home game...Perhaps presumption is that Washington wins that game at home.  Personally, I think home field advantage in division games is overrated.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 07, 2022, 10:54:45 AMThat and the tie for a Giants home game...Perhaps presumption is that Washington wins that game at home.  Personally, I think home field advantage in division games is overrated.
Good point. I didn't think of that.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

In terms of the Commanders being ranked ahead of the Giants, I have no issue with that. We're late in the season now, and teams will often look different in December than they did back in say early October. The Giants and Commanders are both good examples of this. In the Commanders case, they have literally lost only one of their last eight games. They have been on a great roll and have won a lot of games recently, including beating the Eagles fairly comfortable in Philly on national television.

The Giants on the other hand have been reeling, going 1-3-1 in our last five.

If my goal is to be 100% objective, I would put the Commanders above us too right now, personally.