News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

CBS Week 14 QB Rankings

Started by Ed Vette, December 07, 2022, 07:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

No argument from me. I have consistently viewed Jones as a middle of the road caliber NFL starter, which is precisely where these guys have him.

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

uconnjack8

It's interesting that he is ranked just below Tannehill who I see as a good comparison in terms of ceiling.  There is some similarity in their games and what they need around them to survive.  I think Tannehill may have a stronger arm, but I think DJ is more of a threat with his legs.

Would you want Tannehill as the Giants starter for the next 10 years (assuming he was 25 now)?  Would you pay Tannehill 40 million/year to be your franchise QB?

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 08, 2022, 02:08:34 PMIt's interesting that he is ranked just below Tannehill who I see as a good comparison in terms of ceiling.  There is some similarity in their games and what they need around them to survive.  I think Tannehill may have a stronger arm, but I think DJ is more of a threat with his legs.

Would you want Tannehill as the Giants starter for the next 10 years (assuming he was 25 now)?  Would you pay Tannehill 40 million/year to be your franchise QB?

Good question. No.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Maybe we want Gino back?

I can't believe his rating.

As for Jones, I agree with the rest, middle of the road, but telling that others also feel he doesn't have the trust of the coaching staff. How will that play out for a new contract?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 07, 2022, 08:31:07 PMNo argument from me. I have consistently viewed Jones as a middle of the road caliber NFL starter, which is precisely where these guys have him.

Right in line with what you and I have been saying for 2 years now, Dave.  It's also nice to see Hurts #2; I truly believe he's a top 5 QB.  Justin Fields will break the top 10 next season as he's quickly ascending; he's #12 now playing with a worse offense than DJ. Speaking of ascending, how about Trevor Lawrence? In the last five weeks, the young man has thrown 14 TDs to 1 Int...he put up 4 TDs against a very good Dal def today.  In case anybody is paying attention, he's putting up Patrick Mahomes' numbers.  Both Lawrence and Fields are following the trajectory of almost every top 10 QB; they show who they are by year 2...not year 5. 

The NFL landscape is change; we're seeing stalwarts like Brady, Wilson and Rodgers be replaced with the young guns.  The league is in a state of transition...

President Rick

IMO the qb ratings place too high a premium on yards passing.  what matters more: throwing for 340 one TD and no INT and losing or throwing for 175 with one td and no INT with a good run game, solid D and getting the win?  The former qb would rate higher.  I'll take door #2.  [and the guy behind that door could well be Daniel Jones].  Go Giants.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: President Rick on December 19, 2022, 11:41:48 AMIMO the qb ratings place too high a premium on yards passing.  what matters more: throwing for 340 one TD and no INT and losing or throwing for 175 with one td and no INT with a good run game, solid D and getting the win?  The former qb would rate higher.  I'll take door #2.  [and the guy behind that door could well be Daniel Jones].  Go Giants.

Rick

From a team perspective I don't think they care what PFF or stats say.  This isn't fantasy football.

Do THEY believe their player can win!

That's all that matters!

As it's been stated Mahomes, Allen, Brady and Roger types are Unicorns out of 32 teams.

And even with those Unicorns how many have won multiple SBs??

Eli wasnt a unicorn he owns 2!

Takes a village to raise a child and a team to win a SB!