News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QUESTION: Is there a team with a worst group of WRs on their roster?

Started by brownelvis54, December 11, 2022, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 11, 2022, 07:11:35 PMYup.

Do the Pats have much better receivers than we do?

Nope, WR's have become a scapegoat getting the blame when there is only so much in their control.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

They would be better if the QB looked downfield sometimes

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 11, 2022, 07:37:16 PMNope, WR's have become a scapegoat getting the blame when there is only so much in their control.

Yup. It also seems like there are always at least five different threads about them. Perhaps there should be one central thread where fans can go specifically to complain about the Giants' wide receiver corps.

brownelvis54

Quote from: kingm56 on December 11, 2022, 07:02:25 PMGB, Tenn and Balt have wr groups on par with our giants.

Our best WR is Slayton.... you're telling me the other teams you mentioned are in the same boat as us a six round pick is their best receiver?
The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 11, 2022, 07:58:27 PMYup. It also seems like there are always at least five different threads about them. Perhaps there should be one central thread where fans can go specifically to complain about the Giants' wide receiver corps.

Dave... why even have a message board? You complain about complainers... in your opinion what should the message board be like in your world?
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 11, 2022, 08:21:35 PMDave... why even have a message board? You complain about complainers... in your opinion what should the message board be like in your world?

I'm not particularly demanding, but it would be nice if there weren't 5-8 threads all the time on basically the exact same subject. I don't think that's a big ask.

True Blue

A few on par, none definitively worse.

Slayton, Wandale, and Hodgins deserve to be back, no one else really is worth keeping. Between the draft and FA they need to bring in at least 2 new WRs, maybe 3. Bellinger is good, but depth behind him can certainly be better too. What happens at RB will be interesting.

IOL is also a mess and needs work this offseason

todge

Quote from: Trench on December 11, 2022, 07:41:50 PMThey would be better if the QB looked downfield sometimes
In the whopping 3 seconds on
average that DJ has - he is looking downfield. But it's hard to do that when you are getting hurried, hit, harassed and sacked . When he does have time, none of these guys are getting consistent separation. As to the dink-and-dunk offense that you criticize - DJ doesn't call the plays. He can only do what the coaches call for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True Blue

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 11, 2022, 08:20:35 PMOur best WR is Slayton.... you're telling me the other teams you mentioned are in the same boat as us a six round pick is their best receiver?

Who cares what round he was drafted. It is a #2 or #3 on most NFL team and is a pretty productive WR considering who has been throwing to him.

Terry McLaurin, Amon Ra, Metcalf, Deebo, Kupp, Hill, Diggs, Adams

4 of arguably the best 5 WRs in the game today were not first round picks. Many of these were mid to late round picks and there's probably more im missing.

We need WR help, but to write off Slayton because of his draft spot is ludicrous.

Ed Vette

The way it exists now? I don't know if it's all on the Receivers. I wasn't glued to the TV for this game but I was wondering if Slayton was not on the field because I didn't see him involved in the game until very late and then he had two in a row.

There are three receivers who are involved and one TE. Do you think they aren't getting the ball because they just don't get open? If that's the case it's on them. Is that why we see all this short stuff? How come Taylor had 3.1 more YPA in the short time he was in?

Not criticizing your thread Elvis, just questions.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

What is alarming is how uninvolved the big money receiver is on the offense. Did Golladay even play a snap?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on December 11, 2022, 10:05:49 PMWhat is alarming is how uninvolved the big money receiver is on the offense. Did Golladay even play a snap?

Not sure why it's alarming given what Golladay has been the last two seasons.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Quote from: TDToomer on December 11, 2022, 10:05:49 PMWhat is alarming is how uninvolved the big money receiver is on the offense. Did Golladay even play a snap?

At this point why would we want him to play? He is useless, and we are better off with our "nobodies"

kartanoman

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on December 12, 2022, 08:12:55 AMAt this point why would we want him to play? He is useless, and we are better off with our "nobodies"

The questions should be "When Golliday is cut in the off-season, will there be any team that picks him up?" Will he miraculously get better or will he become a couch 🥔 which would be quite the accomplishment from what he does today? Inquiring minds want to know.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

Quote from: kartanoman on December 12, 2022, 08:26:03 AMThe questions should be "When Golliday is cut in the off-season, will there be any team that picks him up?" Will he miraculously get better or will he become a couch 🥔 which would be quite the accomplishment from what he does today? Inquiring minds want to know.

Peace!
Not one pass attempt all game his way. After the half, one of the announcers said they shouldn't deviate from their game plan. Well if the plan isn't working... this game was over at halftime. The Giants are a one dimensional team that gets eaten up in December and exposed for what they really are. Smoke and mirrors.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin