News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QUESTION: Is there a team with a worst group of WRs on their roster?

Started by brownelvis54, December 11, 2022, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: AP44 on December 17, 2022, 12:31:58 PMJustin fields is having a breakout season with his WRs with 155 yards per game and a 13-10 TD/INT - interesting.
You're saying 155 like it's garbage(and it is) but then you defend Jones and he only averages 20 yards more lol and he's not a rookie, he's in year 4 incase anyone forgot.

AP44

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 17, 2022, 01:44:41 PMYou're saying 155 like it's garbage(and it is) but then you defend Jones and he only averages 20 yards more lol and he's not a rookie, he's in year 4 incase anyone forgot.

And show me where I have exactly defended Jones? Pointing out how weak his supporting cast is not a defense of him but a reality of the situation. In fact - read this and tell me how is that defending of Jones.

QuoteAP44

December 11, 2022, 02:01:18 PM
Unfortunately, a team that gets worse as the year goes on will typically show how good they really are. And this isn't an about singular player or not. But signing any of these players to long term deals is just a massive mistake. Let them sign a deal and get comp picks back instead.

But let's not pretend this is anything close to a contender. Let Jones go, let Barkley go, let Love go. Trade Williams and try to get some picks.

Let us not fool ourselves we are the right path. We just aren't a good franchise.

And bringing players back would just be a massive mistake.

Or this thread
https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?topic=64393.0

I would also show how I think his throw to Slayton in the Washington was partially his fault too.

But I think you get the point

AP44

Quote from: kingm56 on December 17, 2022, 01:32:50 PMIn that thread, I said there's absolutely no way a poster could infer you believed Daball was a good coach by making the explicit comment: "don't be so sure we have the right coaches."  You later clarified your position multiple pages after making those initial comments.  I understand where you were coming from after the clarification (i.e. don't fall into the Joe Judge trap). 

BTW, just shoot me a PM if you feel I've mispresented you or a fact.  I do my best to correct the record.  For example, I thought Phil Simms said something about DJ that wasn't true, Rich sent me a PM (or post), I checked the tape, and I clearly misrepresented what he said...I acknowledged my error and apologized for misrepresenting the truth.

If I made you feel that way, I apologize too...it's never my intent.  I prefer frank conversations about the facts, which is probably a byproduct of my profession. Regardless, just shoot me a PM anytime you feel I misrepresented your position.   

Good stuff. Let's worry about the game and hopefully celebrate a win Sunday night!

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 16, 2022, 01:41:36 PMSlayton #7 in YPR 17.4 with a QB who passes 6.8 YPA. He's also the #1 Receiver in the league in DVOA!

Statistics and facts which put to bed that we have the worst WR corps in the game

Trench

Quote from: AP44 on December 17, 2022, 08:38:37 PMNo it doesn't.

Well if not, then we should strive to use the same courtesy when examining other areas of our team