News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QUESTION: Is there a team with a worst group of WRs on their roster?

Started by brownelvis54, December 11, 2022, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 12, 2022, 09:20:22 AMNot one pass attempt all game his way. After the half, one of the announcers said they shouldn't deviate from their game plan. Well if the plan isn't working... this game was over at halftime. The Giants are a one dimensional team that gets eaten up in December and exposed for what they really are. Smoke and mirrors.

Bingo

The big bad wolf blew away the house made of twigs

TDToomer

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 12, 2022, 07:44:03 AMNot sure why it's alarming given what Golladay has been the last two seasons.

It's alarming for KG to not even be able to beat out James and Hodgins for playing time after losing Shepard, Robinson and Toney. There has to be something else going on behind the scenes that we don't know about outside of poor performance. Like I wonder of Jones just doesn't get along with him and won't look his way and told the coaches who he trusts out there.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on December 12, 2022, 09:53:43 AMIt's alarming for KG to not even be able to beat out James and Hodgins for playing time after losing Shepard, Robinson and Toney. There has to be something else going on behind the scenes that we don't know about outside of poor performance. Like I wonder of Jones just doesn't get along with him and won't look his way and told the coaches who he trusts out there.

It's just more proof (as if we needed more) of what a disaster Gettleman was and the mess that Schoen and his staff have been left to clean up.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

T200

Quote from: kartanoman on December 12, 2022, 08:26:03 AMThe questions should be "When Golliday is cut in the off-season, will there be any team that picks him up?" Will he miraculously get better or will he become a couch 🥔 which would be quite the accomplishment from what he does today? Inquiring minds want to know.

Peace!
I think the Golladay Detroit had reappears if he's on another team next year or the Giants move on from Jones.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: T200 on December 12, 2022, 10:13:50 AMI think the Golladay Detroit had reappears if he's on another team next year or the Giants move on from Jones.

Golladay was never the type of receiver that fit with Daniel Jones's game.  That's not Daniel Jones's fault nor is it Golladay's.

TDToomer

Lets assume that KG makes $2 million and is on another team right now. Is he still riding the pine with no name players getting more snaps and targets? I suppose we will find out next season.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on December 12, 2022, 10:21:42 AMLets assume that KG makes $2 million and is on another team right now. Is he still riding the pine with no name players getting more snaps and targets? I suppose we will find out next season.

For me depends upon his health and where he's playing. 

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 12, 2022, 10:26:52 AMFor me depends upon his health and where he's playing. 

He won't be a Giant anymore so who cares how he does unless you have him on your fantasy team.

Gman329

I'd be surprised if Golliday is on any team next year.  I think he stays home and counts his money and blessings. 

LennG

Quote from: Gman329 on December 12, 2022, 10:33:03 AMI'd be surprised if Golliday is on any team next year.  I think he stays home and counts his money and blessings. 
Sorry but I disagree--a lot. There will be several teams willing to give him a contract. Maybe not as glamorous as the Giants did, but we have seen it over the ages, how one person's trash is another one's gold.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Trench

Quote from: LennG on December 12, 2022, 11:40:12 AMSorry but I disagree--a lot. There will be several teams willing to give him a contract. Maybe not as glamorous as the Giants did, but we have seen it over the ages, how one person's trash is another one's gold.

Very interesting LennG.

If Golladay rebounds somewhere else will the Jones camp have any excuses left or will it be a result of play calling and weapons?

AP44

How is it Jones fault that Golladay doesnt play and when he does - he drops the majority of passes? I mean the guy is basically inactive every week. Thats on the coaches, not Jones.

Rambo89

Quote from: AP44 on December 12, 2022, 12:04:08 PMHow is it Jones fault that Golladay doesnt play and when he does - he drops the majority of passes? I mean the guy is basically inactive every week. Thats on the coaches, not Jones.

How is it on the coaches that Golladay drops the majority of passes and hasn't played well?

AP44

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 12, 2022, 12:18:47 PMHow is it on the coaches that Golladay drops the majority of passes and hasn't played well?

The previous poster mentioned if Golladay succeeded somewhere else - he askas what excuses could be made for Jones? Well, Jones doesnt make the decisions to play him or not. He basically applied that its Jones fault Golladay hasnt produced, even though the coaches dont play him.

True Blue

How much of Golladays good years do we credit to Stafford? Remember what a fully healthy, uninjured Stafford did for Kupp last year? A solid receiver exploded and became Top 3 overnight. Golladay went from that to DJ, and then the injuries happened too on top of it.