News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

2 things I've stated plenty times here in the past:

1. If the team wins the QB gets the credit

2. "Just Win Baby" is the most important statistic we should use to gauge #8.

Still some boxes to be checked for me in terms of long term commitment and hopefully we will have those answers late January. But one thing is certain,
He deserves and has earned the right to enjoy every minute of this

Blue Fire

Wild if this reporter knows what he is talking about....

But Daboll also knew this: He needed to test Jones' mental toughness.

So, when training camp began, he devised a plan. As one source close to the coach explained, Daboll purposely structured practice for Jones to fail and Taylor to succeed.

"He wanted Daniel Jones to deal with the adversity," this source explained. "He wanted to see how he dealt with it on a daily basis. And he passed it with flying colors. So, I know he loves Daniel Jones.

"He loves Daniel Jones. He loves him."

Practices are always scripted. Daboll would tell defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale which plays he'd be running when Jones was in the game, this source explains, and had Martindale call defensive plays that'd intentionally work. And when Taylor entered? Exact opposite. Plays were scripted on both sides to set him up for success.

Jones did not flinch. Daboll was thrilled.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/is-daniel-jones-the-future

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Blue Fire

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 02, 2023, 10:05:46 AMI absolutely believe that was the best Jones has played in his career and although the passing yards weren't there, he took this team on his back and was the key component in the Offense. It wasn't flashy but it was exceptional.

Looking at that list, it's worth noting how many times Patrick Mahomes is up there. That's also exceptional. Same with the Rookie and backup QB's.

The way he looked in command of the offense was a thing of beauty. Very little panicked made many great plays on script AND (perhaps more importantly) off script as well. Love the two TDs passes in consecutive weeks we he is flushed out, doesnt panic, rolls to his right toward the line of scrimmage and then straddles it with guys bearing down on him and then calmly finds the open reciever for a TD in the EZ.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

y_so_blu

I must admit that two of the players I doubted most, have done the most to prove me wrong this season.

The first is, you guessed it, Daniel Jones. I initially had high hopes for him, perhaps unreasonably high. How much of it was him and how much of it was poor coaching will be debated endlessly, but the bottom line is he was not putting the team on his back like we needed him to.

This year is different. Daniel is growing into the role. He's felt pressure coming, cut down on the turnovers, and helped us win when opponents shut down the run. Those are the biggest issues I had with him, and he's addressed all three.

The second player is Kayvon Thibodeaux. I thought he had bust written all over him, and said so. He's made me eat those words. The stats don't tell the story because he gets held constantly, but the guy is beasting. Seeing him live is downright scary; he seems to tower over everyone else on the field.

I would much rather see us win and be proven wrong than lose even more and be proven right. Another helping of crow, please!  :notworthy:

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: y_so_blu on January 02, 2023, 03:23:06 PMI must admit that two of the players I doubted most, have done the most to prove me wrong this season.

The first is, you guessed it, Daniel Jones. I initially had high hopes for him, perhaps unreasonably high. How much of it was him and how much of it was poor coaching will be debated endlessly, but the bottom line is he was not putting the team on his back like we needed him to.

This year is different. Daniel is growing into the role. He's felt pressure coming, cut down on the turnovers, and helped us win when opponents shut down the run. Those are the biggest issues I had with him, and he's addressed all three.

The second player is Kayvon Thibodeaux. I thought he had bust written all over him, and said so. He's made me eat those words. The stats don't tell the story because he gets held constantly, but the guy is beasting. Seeing him live is downright scary; he seems to tower over everyone else on the field.

I would much rather see us win and be proven wrong than lose even more and be proven right. Another helping of crow, please!  :notworthy:

You are not alone there are a number of us eating crow this year and I got no issues with it!

Trench

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on January 02, 2023, 03:46:49 PMYou are not alone there are a number of us eating crow this year and I got no issues with it!

Like I said in a different post, I'm on the fence as to if he's a franchise guy but would certainly bring him back if the price is right. This could all change based on what I see in the playoffs (yes just one or 2 games in the big stage will be enough for me).

As for Thibs I also eat crow on that one. He has really shined. 1st 3/4 of season i wasn't overly impressed (same as our rookie Tackle) Neal who needs to show more. But last halt to 1/4 of season Thibs has been big. I do sincerely believe he has the prototypical body and speed moves where if he develops a spin move then lookout!

I said from day one - just win Danny and if you do then I'm in.

Bill Brown

Quote from: Blue Fire on January 02, 2023, 01:57:34 PMWild if this reporter knows what he is talking about....

So, when training camp began, he devised a plan. As one source close to the coach explained, Daboll purposely structured practice for Jones to fail and Taylor to succeed.

"He wanted Daniel Jones to deal with the adversity," this source explained. "He wanted to see how he dealt with it on a daily basis. And he passed it with flying colors. So, I know he loves Daniel Jones.

Practices are always scripted. Daboll would tell defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale which plays he'd be running when Jones was in the game, this source explains, and had Martindale call defensive plays that'd intentionally work. And when Taylor entered? Exact opposite. Plays were scripted on both sides to set him up for success.

I heard Bob Papa and Carl Banks discuss this same thing. Said the defense knew the play before it was run and every time the play didn't work DJ would walk over to the coaches and ask what he did wrong and what did he have to do to fix it. He never got mad, never lost his composer and always remained consistent with just working to get better.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Blue Fire

Quote from: y_so_blu on January 02, 2023, 03:23:06 PMI must admit that two of the players I doubted most, have done the most to prove me wrong this season.

Wonderfully put good Sir...

Blue Fire

Quote from: ps11yat14 on January 02, 2023, 04:32:47 PMI heard Bob Papa and Carl Banks discuss this same thing. Said the defense knew the play before it was run and every time the play didn't work DJ would walk over to the coaches and ask what he did wrong and what did he have to do to fix it. He never got mad, never lost his composer and always remained consistent with just working to get better.

Bill

Wow #8 is a player that I think is going to have almost evry fan on the bandwagon before too much longer. DG made a lot of mistakes granted but picks 2, 4 and 6 were not among them. He nailed those.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Blue Fire on January 02, 2023, 08:09:41 PMWow #8 is a player that I think is going to have almost evry fan on the bandwagon before too much longer. DG made a lot of mistakes granted but picks 2, 4 and 6 were not among them. He nailed those.
In all fairness if he had nailed them you wouldn't have 100's pages of discussion and probably a 100 more pages of deleted discussion on whether to keep them or not.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: Blue Fire on January 02, 2023, 01:57:34 PMWild if this reporter knows what he is talking about....

Quote from: ps11yat14 on January 02, 2023, 04:32:47 PMI heard Bob Papa and Carl Banks discuss this same thing. Said the defense knew the play before it was run and every time the play didn't work DJ would walk over to the coaches and ask what he did wrong and what did he have to do to fix it. He never got mad, never lost his composer and always remained consistent with just working to get better.

Bill

As Eli was riding towards the sunset, all of us were probably looking for a QB that had similar type of composure and character treats. That's the type of QB I see leading the Giants' team.
I don't see a bold or eccentric type of QB leading the Giants.

And when I read this, that's exactly what I would be wanting as a QB.

Re Daboll loving Jones; I think his reaction after the second run TD by Jones says it all - he was thrilled about it at the sidelines.

Do I want to keep Jones? Yes. I think he's done everything he needed to earn himself a new contract.

If I look at the QB's that will hit FA after the season, I think he's second to Brady and Jackson only (yes, I think he's better than Garoppolo - has more potential and upside for sure).

Stars: Tom Brady (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Lamar Jackson (Baltimore Ravens)

Starters: Geno Smith (Seattle Seahawks), Daniel Jones (New York Giants), Jimmy Garoppolo (San Francisco 49ers), Andy Dalton (New Orleans Saints), Jacoby Brissett (Cleveland Browns), Taylor Heinicke (Washington Commanders), P.J. Walker (Carolina Panthers)

Backups who have started: Teddy Bridgewater (Miami Dolphins), Baker Mayfield (Carolina Panthers), Sam Darnold (Carolina Panthers), Joe Flacco (New York Jets), Drew Lock (Seattle Seahawks), Gardner Minshew (Philadelphia Eagles)

Backups who have filled in: Cooper Rush (Dallas Cowboys), Tyler Huntley (Baltimore Ravens), Mike White (New York Jets), Brett Rypien (Denver Broncos)

GMenRF

Banks mentions it in their segment about what they were doing during training camp to test the mental make up of DJ.  It's around the 16 minute mark.

He's become more comfortable and looked more in command of the offense compared to week 1.  With a year under his belt and possibly an upgrade in talent in offseason to grow more rapport with the WRs staying - if the Giants do keep Jones, I can see them opening up more the passing game and with progression from the young guys in the oline, possibly take more shots down the field.

https://youtu.be/kX3li-BPakk

Blue Fire

Jordan Raanan- DJ debate is over after Giants clinch playoffs

This Giants' new regime was always a fan of Jones. They liked his physical skills and makeup. But they still needed him to prove it on the field in order for them to want to commit to anything in the future. A team source said this summer they would have been open to an in-season extension or the franchise tag if he played well this year. The latter now realistically seems on the table.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/64194/the-daniel-jones-debate-is-over-after-giants-clinch-playoffs

GMenRF

Not sure if it's posted around here, a good breakdown of the Giants offense

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1meJvExzaVSN6lbKhUsWqF?si=AxmSR6S9Q1uvWLVL9QC08Q&t=2460

It's around the 41 minute mark

brownelvis54

The Truth about Daniel Jones...as NY Giants QB
   Click watch on you tube

https://youtu.be/DkO62rSA1LU
The KING is in the building