News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Baldie Breakdown

Started by MightyGiants, December 15, 2022, 08:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I hope that Neal develops into a pro bowl RT by next year. It took Thomas a year or more before he turned the corner. Hoping Neal does the same. Neal seems to have the same determination as Thomas so I suspect he will. The offensive line is not a finished product - obviously. Actually, Peart looked half way decent the other day. Would be nice if he developed into a solid swing tackle for us. Now all we need to do (assuming Neal and Peart develop nicely), is to figure out the inside of that line. Hopefully Ezuedu develops into a stud and Gates becomes solid...then need some new young blood in the middle. OL has improved...not enough though  :crazy:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Rambo89

Shouldn't this be in the Daniel Jones thread?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

This would be a good film for Thibs and Az to learn from using their hands and being aware of breakdowns in protection. So instead of just hits and hurries, they get sacks. Sacks rule.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 15, 2022, 08:50:59 AMThis would be a good film for Thibs and Az to learn from using their hands and being aware of breakdowns in protection. So instead of just hits and hurries, they get sacks. Sacks rule.

I agree, as I was watching Reddick I was thinking that Thibs could do that as well or better.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 15, 2022, 08:53:05 AMI agree, as I was watching Reddick I was thinking that Thibs could do that as well or better.
Basic Kung Fu. Edges should take classes.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 15, 2022, 08:55:37 AMBasic Kung Fu. Edges should take classes.
I forget who the lineman was that (Orlando Pace?) was taking Judo classes. Said it helped tremendously with his core, balance and leverage.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on December 15, 2022, 09:04:59 AMI forget who the lineman was that (Orlando Pace?) was taking Judo classes. Said it helped tremendously with his core, balance and leverage.

Along those lines, when scouting O-linemen, it's always a plus to hear they have a wrestling background.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

I thought anything on DJ would be going into the new DJ thread as per the "attention all" topic?

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 15, 2022, 09:07:53 AMAlong those lines, when scouting O-linemen, it's always a plus to hear they have a wrestling background.

All the folks here who wanted Tyler Linderbaum, who had the wrestling background, is playing very well for the Ravens right now.

I also agree that maximizing your athletic ability, through developing your core, is a fast track to playing better overall.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on December 15, 2022, 01:30:38 PMI thought anything on DJ would be going into the new DJ thread as per the "attention all" topic?
Gee, I thought it was about the Offensive Line play. Did Mightygiants pull the wool over my eyes?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 15, 2022, 02:26:21 PMGee, I thought it was about the Offensive Line play. Did Mightygiants pull the wool over my eyes?

You got me, Daniel Jones really plays RT :D
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 15, 2022, 02:26:21 PMGee, I thought it was about the Offensive Line play. Did Mightygiants pull the wool over my eyes?

I thought it was about Baldy's Breakdowns of the game yet these were the two that were shared out of the five that Baldinger did on the game (the other three showing the Eagles on offense vs the Giants defense).  I wonder why the other they were not shared?

To make it easier I've posted the ones that were omitted in my following post.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18