News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: The Spirit of the Holidays

Started by Ed Vette, December 16, 2022, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

As we enter the Holiday Season this weekend with Hanukkah, I want to share these thoughts by Lenn about the Christmas Spirit and how it moved me. It reminded me that it's the season to have kindness in our hearts and good will to all.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Nice thoughts Ed and Lenn

Certainly these times are trying times.   If only the whole world would pause and realize we all reside on the big blue marble as one species

Its time in human history to cast tribalism aside and embrace life as one

If only..... what a world it could be
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

afan56

Jesus said love God and love your neighbor as yourself. It's worth trying!

LennG

Thanks Ed for sharing my thoughts.

As we do every year, we watched Miracle on 34th St last night, for the umpteenth time, but we watch because of what Kris echoes thru most of the movie, Christmas is a state of mind. If you enjoy that, you will be able to share that with others.
We try to, especially at this time of the year.

Being Jewish doesn't mean we do not know about the Christmas spirit.

I have posted this several times, and I will again. Most know about it but at this time of year, it is important we reread it again.

Yes Virginia there Is A Santa Claus

https://www.newseum.org/exhibits/online/yes-virginia-there-is-a-santa-claus

If you have never really read it, do so.

And to all my fellow BBHers, friends et al, a very happy Hanukkah and a very merry Christmas
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Rambo89

What about those of us who celebrate Festivus?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

afan56

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 17, 2022, 12:53:52 PMWhat about those of us who celebrate Festivus?

I was 60when Festivus was created so I was already settled in my belief, but I wish you a very Happy Festivus! Don't strain yourself!😉

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss